Alcatraz

Reaper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Although the cells were small many prisoners preferred Alcatraz as it was one of the only prisons that had single inmate cells.

When in the jail you get a very eerie feeling as if there is still a presence inside the cells.

Oh yeah... and the rumours about the shark infested waters surrounding the jail... they're true... however the sharks are only about 6 inches big and eat small sea creatures, never humans.

The last supper
P2270583a.jpg

Walking the mile
P2270589a.jpg

Solitary row
P2270606a.jpg

"Home" to the prisoners
P2270554a.jpg

Great series! My favorite is solitary row, the lighting in that one is great. I was there years ago and this makes me want to go back again!

My favorite is the mile also. It has great focus and detail but most important is the DOF of the shot give it that LOOOONG feel. Nice work.

Thanks so much for your replies, I will add the B & W conversions to the thread tonight. I was actually leaning towards all B & W but I really liked the colour version for the sun and the old stains on the doors and walls. I found that in B & W you lost that old dirty cell feel.
Thanks for taking the time to look!

Cool shots Reaper. Love the black and whites best. I like the "mile" too. The angle is perfect. Well done.

errant_star said:
I'm leaning towards solitary row as well ... I think I'd like to see the whole series in black & white though ... might just be me??

i agree, nice shots though.

What is a stewed tart? That doesn't sound too appetising... :puke-rig:

Most reactions

Back