Alexis- Beauty/ Fashion Portraits

I've thought about it, but with as critical as this forum is I don't think I would be able to handle the negativity with much grace. The internet just isn't my medium for teaching, especially with my lack of ability to tolerate trolls.

Understandable. If you ever do, Id personally love to see you work.

This makes me want to give editing in PS a go. I pretty exclusively use LR. And I agree.. a video tutorial would be ah-mazing.

Dive right in. I finally did my first little bird shot with it. Nothing fancy at all, but it left an impression on me so much that I have gone video crazy. Going to PS CC has forced me to start learning.

This makes me want to give editing in PS a go. I pretty exclusively use LR. And I agree.. a video tutorial would be ah-mazing.

Dive right in. I finally did my first little bird shot with it. Nothing fancy at all, but it left an impression on me so much that I have gone video crazy. Going to PS CC has forced me to start learning.

I think I could be into editing specific photos in PS but for regular work flow.. LR has made my life soooooo easy. I <3 simple. lol

All 3 make me think of book covers. If I were Dean Koontz, we'd be negotiating $'s. :)

Enjoying that you are using an older camera to create and that you post the camera and lens combo. Makes some of that 'my pixel is denser than yours' stuff kinda silly - I'm guilty of it at times.

#'s 2&3 are killer!

I've thought about it, but with as critical as this forum is I don't think I would be able to handle the negativity with much grace. The internet just isn't my medium for teaching, especially with my lack of ability to tolerate trolls.

The hell with the trolls...you have a gift! Thank you for sharing

Last edited:

The hell with the trolls...you have a gift! Thank you for sharing what you with us
Well either way, I hope my written instructions were helpful.

I think I could be into editing specific photos in PS but for regular work flow.. LR has made my life soooooo easy. I <3 simple. lol
I only use Photoshop CS5 and Adobe Camera Raw to edit every photograph. It takes more time, but the payoff in quality is worth it to me. Lightroom just gives me a headache. The only time I use Lightroom is to do a batch re-size on a photo set if necessary, or to make proofs. I probably open LR once every 6 months.

Just wanted to tell you that you've created a monster with the selective color layer. lol

All 3 make me think of book covers. If I were Dean Koontz, we'd be negotiating $'s. :)

Enjoying that you are using an older camera to create and that you post the camera and lens combo. Makes some of that 'my pixel is denser than yours' stuff kinda silly - I'm guilty of it at times.

#'s 2&3 are killer!
Thank you! Yeah, camera body/ pixel count has never made a difference to me. What matters to me is that it looks great. I was shooting on a 50D for a year after having my first 5D MKI stollen; it had more megapixels, better technology and was newer, however I hated the images it produced for me. They just didn't look right to me, and eventually I was able to "upgrade" back to a 5D MKI again. Lately though I have been considering an upgrade to a 5D MKII.

Just wanted to tell you that you've created a monster with the selective color layer. lol
It's a really useful tool, though I think the curves adjustment layer is just as useful if not more.

The hell with the trolls...you have a gift! Thank you for sharing
I've tried time and time again to get over it, but I know for a fact that I just don't handle trolling and non-constructive critique with any grace.

well I hope you handle praise well

I voted your image for Photo of the month

I like the first one more every time I look at this thread.
The second is downright dreamy in quality.
Lovely shots, both of them.

Most reactions

Back