Alien bee's connected to k10d how?

v1001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Apparently the sync cord from the Alien Bees does not have an end that fits into my Pentax k10d. Quite annoying. Is there an adapter I need to buy? And can I pick it up any camera shop? I knew I should have just got the remote right away. Oh well.

Apparently the sync cord from the Alien Bees does not have an end that fits into my Pentax k10d. Quite annoying. Is there an adapter I need to buy? And can I pick it up any camera shop? I knew I should have just got the remote right away. Oh well.

You can either:

a) Attach a peanut slave ($20) to the sync cable on the AB and trigger it using a small flash attached to the camera.

b) Buy a wireless system like Pocket Wizards or Skyports

c) Buy a hot-shoe adapter with a PC-socket. This slides into the hot-shoe on your camera and the sync cable plugs into it.

Does the K10d not have a sync port?

Another option is the optical trigger built into the AB. You can fire them with the pop up flash and the AB is plenty powerful enough to override any hint of the pop up flash.

hotshoe to pc-sync adapter. or what VI sez.

Didn't know AB had optical slaves built in. Follow my earlier advice but skip the peanut slave bit, then.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back