Alien portraits

andrewdoeshair

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was planning on doing a haircut and simple shoulder-up portrait session on a girl who I knew was good with her make up, as in the past she’s taken a few extra minutes to get everything right. When the haircut was finished and she got in the mirror to apply her make up I noticed that she was turning herself green- I didn’t expect this. So I pulled out some flash gels and watched a quick YouTube video on how to use them. I’ve had a grey paper roll for a while that I almost never used (usually just use black or white) but it turned out that’s what I had been missing when I had previously tried and failed to color (white) backgrounds with gels... Anyways, the end of the story is that I thought I was going to do a simple haircut photo on a white wall like I do almost every day and instead I got to have a very colorful time that pushed me way out of my comfort zone (in a good and exciting way).

18B9E648-7536-451E-BD98-782149CBA2A9.jpeg

A69100ED-6BEE-4891-8904-909103B8DC79.jpeg

I also learned kind of by accident (I don’t know if this is a “thing” or not) that if I shoot a scene with an ultra wide lens so I can see both the light source and where the light is landing, it’s a million times easier to see where my lights need to move. It’s been a massively helpful tool in continuing to learn how to use flash...
B9C77918-E898-4F1E-B6BB-7B78B97EC3F2.jpeg

Well she has beautiful eyes imo, nice images.

I really like her attitude in the first. The green makeup is something different and interesting actually.

Very cool! I like the contrast of the hair and makeup with the conservative sweater and blouse.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back