What's new

South Beach apartment building - image transfer

terri46 18

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2003
Messages
36,834
Reaction score
9,625
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've not had much time for playing, and not done an image transfer in awhile. This image was taken with HIE (infrared) film. I printed it from a laser printer onto regular printer paper. The background is actually a scrap piece of paper I've been using to clean the gel plate of its remnants of various acrylic paints: cleaning is a simple matter of applying white acrylic paint to the gel plate, then lay paper over it and let it dry a bit before pulling it off. I ended up liking the pale white with those flecks of blue, red, etc., so it became the receptor paper for this image transfer. I coated the paper with gel medium, laid the laser print face down into the gel and let it dry. Then just used a spray bottle with water to remove the paper back.


South Beach apartments, IT.webp



I'm not sure what paper this is - some leftover piece of something that ended up in the scrap pile, but it worked. I like the grungy look this one ended up with. Thanks for looking!
 
I've not had much time for playing, and not done an image transfer in awhile. This image was taken with HIE (infrared) film. I printed it from a laser printer onto regular printer paper. The background is actually a scrap piece of paper I've been using to clean the gel plate of its remnants of various acrylic paints: cleaning is a simple matter of applying white acrylic paint to the gel plate, then lay paper over it and let it dry a bit before pulling it off. I ended up liking the pale white with those flecks of blue, red, etc., so it became the receptor paper for this image transfer. I coated the paper with gel medium, laid the laser print face down into the gel and let it dry. Then just used a spray bottle with water to remove the paper back.


View attachment 280373


I'm not sure what paper this is - some leftover piece of something that ended up in the scrap pile, but it worked. I like the grungy look this one ended up with. Thanks for looking!
Great image! Every element and artifact belongs exactly as it is.
 
Wow this is great! It has a vibe.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Admin 🛠️
  • #4
Prof, Sharon - thank you both! It was fun to do this one, save a throwaway. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom