Alittle C&C please

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I'm mainly a landscape photographer, but I really want to start incorporating people into my shots... Can you give me some C&C on this shot and tell me what you think... You can click on the photo for full size... thanks in advance...

Submit-fs-6-DSC_0095.jpg

I like where you're going with it. Something about the power lines I'm not liking too much, and maybe a little less extreme angle? Also, just curious as to why you chose to put it in black and white (or black and grey?). I think color would add a nice effect. =)

I like the Dutch angle when appropriate. I think it works here because the figure is uptight and seemingly walking "uphill". I like all the lines, including the powerlines. Without them the image would have a little less impact.

Gives me a feeling of the hard road that a musician has to travel.....;)
I wish there was a little more contrast of color w/ him and the guitar. The way it is right now it kinda blends together.

You got the idea .... I would suggest a slightly different angle with more road ... there is too much emphasis on the grass median.

Hey Guys, thanks for the feedback... I agree that there should be alittle more contrast, but it was a nasty day weather wise and the sky was really hazy. Perhaps adding a strobe may help with that? Anyway, that made it difficult, plus, that's me in the photo... So I had the camera on a tripod and was using the timer. I'm going to go out and do a reshoot when the weather gives me better skies, and I'm going to use some of the feedback here and see what I can come up with... Thanks again!

Great, I look forward to seeing what you come up w/!!! ;)

Most reactions

Back