All That is Good and Bad About This...

Reaction score
Website
www.thelostphotographer.co.uk
Give it your all. Knock it down.

a01.jpg

Techincally...

Wrong forum for an image review. I'm sure a mod will move it.

But I must say the picture is dark. Can't tell who the subject is what the background is. What are those lights? It looks a bit blurry too.

Ah yes. Red wine influenced posting :lol:

I took an old digi compact out last night. Technically the results were all pretty bad, but some of them have a 'quality' I like. Think I posted here because it was after reading the Stephen Shore interview that I decided to take a cheap digi out and shoot without the constraints of cost in mind. However, I was also shooting in the knowledge that nothing was going to be good enough to print.

Here's another example of digital gone bad that I actually sort of like in a bad way:
06.jpg

Looks like a snap shot - very quick and without much thought. Exposure seems off as well.

Seems a bit busy too, although that may have been the intention.

As to the first photo, which technically is a) too dark, indeed, and b) showing signs of camera shake in the lights of the background, I still believe that it has something that goes beyond these technical flaws. There is a compositional element to it that I see and feel and like. It is the woman - who I clearly recognise as your subject! -, her gaze and the way she holds her arms. All these elements create a sort of triangle out of the lower right and opening up into the top left, where the other person, very dark (unfortunately) stands and forms the "recipient" of said triangle. (If something like that can be said at all?)

I am bugged by the rubbish in the corner behind the girl (starting with the SPAR-bag and lots more there is) and on the door, it is quite distracting, indeed, but her gaze and position are compelling!

I think they are both pretty cool the first one looks like some kind of snapshot out of the fifties for some reason.

I think they are both pretty cool the first one looks like some kind of snapshot out of the fifties for some reason.

Exactly what I was thinking, the first image feels retro to me. Dark and moody like a sixties hippy movie.

I like the second one too :)

Most reactions

Back