Alligator in the wild with babies + more

Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken in the Everglades on my holiday out to Florida a few weeks back.
D3 with the 70-200 VR with a 2x TC. Would have loved to have been able to get some better shots but no way I was getting any closer than this! :nuts:
8935.jpg

Also, a couple of other wildlife shots taken whilst I was out there. Hurricane Ike combined with it being the wrong time of year resulted in not a great deal of wildlife to be seen but I'll be going back at the end of november, which I am told is a good time for wildlife. I'll also be taking the 200-400 with a 1.4x TC instead of the 70-200, 2x TC combo that I was using this time round!

8301.jpg

I hate spiders, you can't see his fangs here but they were big.
8531.jpg

8533.jpg

8843.jpg

8947.jpg

8991.jpg

VERY grateful the D3 & 70-200 are weather sealed to an extent when we were caught in a very heavy rain shower out on an airboat in the middle of the Everglades!
8958.jpg

9399.jpg

8413.jpg

Can't wait to go back armed with not only better optical power but also more wildlife to shoot!

These are really awesome shots! The first one gives me chills just thinking about being that close haha.

Awesome work! Alligators (& Crocs) are my favorite animal.
I got to make it there soon! Did you go as a group/tour package type deal? or did you go on your own?

Thanks for the replies :)

No, my lady friend lives out there so we just headed out to different places on day trips. We tried for a second day at the Everglades in a different location but it was closed due to bad weather from the day before :(

Most reactions

Back