Allow LR5 to handle Image - disable Canon manager

LifeORiley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry in advance for my silly question.

Q) How do I give full control of printing to LR 5. I understand you have to first disable the printer driver(s).

I have a Canon Pixma Pro100 and I can't find any "button" anywhere in LR5 that says "give print control to LR5"

I see videos that clearly show some people have this option - I don't.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 191
You don't disable the printer driver (if you did the printer would not work) but you do disable the printer driver color management (ICM). Just how you do this on your printer I can't say as I use Epson printers but it's done in the printer driver settings and lightroom you can get to the printer driver by clicking the "Page Setup..." button at the bottom of the left hand side window of the Print module.
Once the printer's color management is disabled you have to enable LR's color management by scrolling the right side panel down to the "Print Job" panel and then under "Color Management" and "Profile:" select your paper type.
On the other hand you could leave the printer's color management turned on and in LR set "Color Management" "Profile:" to "Managed by Printer" .

I have the Pro 100 and, after disappointing results with LR and PS, I had much more success with Canon Print Studio Pro.

Prints are stunning and PSP gave me lots of control over print process.

I honestly can't imagine wrestling with LR and PS when this plugin software is available free.
In LR, it is accessed through File>PluginExtras
In PS, " File>Automate>

Download from
Canon U.S.A. Professional Imaging Products PIXMA PRO-100

PSPVER2.jpg

Attachments

• PSPVER2.jpg
    PSPVER2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
^^I am anxious to try that one! Like yourself I have been very disappointed with prints from Lightroom. I have had good results from Canon Photo Professional and Windows believe it or not.

Most reactions

Back