What's new

Allround telephoto zoom for beginners

Finally got the nikon 70-300 amd i have to say it is really awesome...!!!
Checked sigma 70-300 too but it kept searching for focus while the nikon just got the focus in a snap
 
Hi, I am looking for a 70 to 300 or 55 to 300 lens possibly my 2 "expert" friends say buy the nikon as the ones mentioned above (Sigma etc) are not reliable. Now like most i am not to flush and do not know if i can stretch to £300 or so for a decent lens. Any advice guys?

Oh I am getting the NikonD3100 as my first camera at the end of the month.....
 
Why look outside of the Nikon? Their 70-300mm VR is dirt cheap IMHO. You can easily fine a mint condition one for under $400. It's a great lens with very good optics and If you do decide to upgrade to a pro 70-200/2.8, the Nikon will hold it's value much better than third party lens. That's exactly what I did and now I want it back for the extra reach and the small/light package considering it's range.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom