Damn that is nice ... location?
Thanks Gary- Another from Goleta just west/north/ up the coast from Santa Barbara.
I like it a lot, good exposure.
Thank you.
well that sure calmed me down. nice shot. i could spend an hour looking at it. and maybe i will.

Thanks.
nice shot... looks like a storm was approaching on the right side...
Nope, just a sunset. Interesting note maybe, curves-wise I turned the sky a bit inside out.
Now that's not your normal fare Abraxas - I thoroughly approve though - might have to throw it into POTM for consideration
:thumbup: Thanks Chris.
As Notelliot said, it really holds one's gaze. The exposure is excellent, and the water has the look of a painting about it.
Thank you Anty. I've kept it offline because there's some technical issues that may be considered out of step (like the inside-out sky), but it sure looks good to me.
Dude, this is definetly wall hanging material.
For me, you have wonderful use of leading lines by way of the shore line in the foreground merging with the hill on the left and continuing on in the "C" shape and carrying me out to sea.
Timing is perfect for the water movement. Love the way that plays out off shore as well.
The color tone used makes the mood. The way the sky bends down with the lightness makes me think the gods are giving me an invitation to sit down and have a chat with them.
Thanks for sharing.
Back before I found the desert, I liked the beaches. Not like volleyball and frisbee, surfing and many, many teeth, but like fishing, wandering and solitude and getting really high. Amazing to me how even though I see the ocean relatively little anymore, when I find a quiet spot I feel like I never left. Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!
Beautiful image! Again; what are you doing around all this water? Don't feel bad. I think I am being pulled to the ocean this Sunday. Yuck! The ladies are not 100% desert folk. Tried to PM you, but you are full.
Love & Bass
Hi Craig, fixed the mailbox. Took 20 months to fill. I suppose I have to go to the ocean every so often to see if I melt. Apparently the wife has "needs." It got up nearly to 100 the other day- Mountain time.
LOL and for some reason i was expecting a fosilized coast in the desert, that is wonderfull. the sky worked out really good as well, it isnt too bright, actually just enough to make the weight of the shot. I had been wondering why i hadnt seen many of your shots lately and hadnt realised the boards had been reorganized, so now i know this is where all your shots have gone i will have to look at more than one board

. I hope you still post in the nature board once in a while though. I am missinng seeing reptiles that arnt behind glass.
tim
Hmm, fossilized coast. I can do that! I know where some trilobytes are embedded in limestone.
After the war, and all us refugees fled to different forums, I went back to post in nature and wildlife, but my shots sunk like rocks in a pond. Maybe I should take that as a challenge? I do have some photos of dating lizards in "season", I could post.
Thanks again everyone!