Alright as promised, 4 for C&C please.

Bram

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bergen op Zoom, Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, still doing good I hope?

Alright so as I posted a few hours ago saying I would post some "street candids" from my vacation. Here are three, and one from the beach that I would like some C&C on.

C&C on all 4 please!

#1, This man was walking towards me as I left a shop, I turned on the camera and BOOM!

5843578048_79700fcfa2_z.jpg

#2, Alright now this man, yes it's a man. Was on the downtown Antwerpen marketplace feeding pidgeons.

5843032877_2f56304cf1_z.jpg

#3, He was feeding these pidgeons.

5843578494_c064c3e52a_z.jpg

#4, Last but not least I had this idea awhile back and now got the chance to do it.

5843033537_9ddd2fefdf_z.jpg

Thanks alot.

[[

#1 Smokin' the Ganj!
#2 Dude, I totally knew this was a guy! Not.

I agree with Ron, very nice candid portraits. They're desaturated a wee bit too much for me, But that's a pretty subjective point.

The two b&w's don't do much for me. #3 looks a bit under exposed, or maybe just the black levels are a bit high.

Thanks alot for the feedback subscuck. I noticed the black spot in the top left corner or #3 myself but thought it added a little something to it. The desaturation was done on purpose as well, but I do appreciate your feedback.

I agree on the portraits, I especially the first one. Great detail and expression. You caught the moment there!

As for the last one, I feel it would be perhaps a wee bit more interesting if the lines leaded not straight into the pic, but rather a bit out to one of the sides. As in, if you stood either to the right or the left and shot at an angle. Just a thought, kind of hard to image how it would look.

Love that first one, and the second one. All the birds are faced away from me.. that sort of bothers me :p

I really like the first portrait! I actually like the desaturation on that one. Nice capture :sillysmi:

Compaq, thanks for the honest feedback, yeah I actually tried to get my girlfriend to scare the birds at 12 o'clock so that they would fly towards me but she wouldn't do it so I had to make do with what I had. Thanks again.

E.rose, thank you for your kind words! :p

I really like the desaturation on the first one. It looks like an ad for a smoke-free campaign or something. :)

I really like the first two and agree that the desaturaton on the first one really gives it "something"...a good something. :thumbup: On the second shot, did you get a good look at the person's hands? If the knuckles were hairy than I'd agree it had to be a man, but based on basic features and dress here, I would not discount it being a woman just because of some hair stuble on the face ;)....but I could be wrong. :lol:

Thanks everybody for the kind responses and honesty. The photo of the "gypsy" was heavily cropped there was indeed hair on the knuckles that I could see as well. Unfortunately I do not have time to post this photo right now. sadpanda

Most reactions

New Topics

Back