alternative processing forum

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
cyanotypes, emulsion lifts, albumen prints, infrared etc. there may not be enough people here (if any at all really) who do this stuff, but if there are i think it could be interesting. maybe we could help each other learn how to do some of these processes. i guess it could just go in the "how to" section, but there are a lot of different kinds of alternative photography so if the interest was there i'm thinking it might just be able to survive as its own forum.

just an idea. don't hurt me. :blulsh2:

I am! :mrgreen: I am just now reading this thread.

I do a lot of that kinda stuff now. I haven't thought about posting any of my alternative stuff because, you know, who gives a flip?? But if we had a forum for it, I would have stuff for ya'll to snicker at.

I do a lot of infrared photography, and have done Polaroid emulsion lifts, and image transfers. It's a BLAST!

I am interested in learning about the other things mentioned: cyanotypes and albumen prints. Some pretty amazing stuff is out there.

I'd love to see anyone's alternative techniques, really. How many people do you want to hear from, Mr. Admin-type Person?

Hmm, good question.

Basically, my only concern with creating new forums is that it makes it more difficult to navigate the main index. So, before I add any new forums, I want to see if it can fit in some place else...and if not, be sure it will be used somewhat frequently.

No, I certainly appreciate that. There are space considerations so it's a majority-rules kind of thing. I'd like to post my stuff but I doubt I'd generate much interest in the General post-your-pics forum. Confusion, maybe. :oops:

So go ahead - I'm just a minority player - keep me down, hold me back, Power-Man!!! :p

kidding, kidding..... but Carlita has a good idea so let us know if you can think of a good spot for alt stuff.

I am fine with giving it a go. We can always remove it or merge it into another section if there isn't enough interest in it.

So, where would you like to see it?

CHASE - Have I mentioned that you totally ROCK??? :hug:

Lemme go check it out.....

Most reactions

Back