Although it is a little old, but 30fps on Canon 1ds-MKIII

Dao

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Found this last night.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AuyVz89AXg[/ame]

It's like machine gun.

3 cameras alternating fire at 10fps is 30fps.

look up the video(that one is gone) and you'll see what he was talking about.

What Garbz says is that the cameras are 1D-MkIII not 1Ds-MkIII as suggested in the title of the post (that would give 3x5=15 fps).

Yes, it should be EOS-1D Mark III. :) my bad!

Were you able to click on the link and saw that video? Yes, they mount all 3 1D MKIIIs on the same tripod and triggered them by remote triggers with slight delay (so the shooting sequence is 1,2,3,1,2,3 ....) among them to get 30fps.

Question.... what would be the point of doing that?

Wouldn't it make more sense to invest in some sort of high end video cam (I know nothing about video) and pull stills?

yeah 30 fps sounds like its near motion picture speed. i think 40 fps is closer. any one know what they shoot on average?

Last time I checked I think it was 27fps minimum for video due to the refresh rate of the human eye.

Were you able to click on the link and saw that video? Yes, they mount all 3 1D MKIIIs on the same tripod and triggered them by remote triggers with slight delay (so the shooting sequence is 1,2,3,1,2,3 ....) among them to get 30fps.

did you quote the wrong person. Yes I missed the 1ds typo in the title, but so did the person I was talking to. You just told me exactly what I sad however...

Question.... what would be the point of doing that?

Wouldn't it make more sense to invest in some sort of high end video cam (I know nothing about video) and pull stills?

Ditto especially for the target application. I mean common a click through flash image on a website? You could easily use a standard def video camera with a large lens for that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back