Am I crazy? C + C

Dionysus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
am i crazy for seeing something in this subject? the other day i read an article in a photo magazine about nontraditional subjects..sort of finding subjects out of something undesirable. so i was out trying out my new telephoto around my property when i saw this pile of siding and misc edging behind our landlords watershed. I really liked the lines and the contrasts, so I took a few pics of them. #3 and #4 are my favorites, but don't know if it's just me that sees this as a viable subject.

siding2.jpg

siding1.jpg

siding3.jpg

siding4.jpg

I like the first shot best of all. It's an interesting shot, although it doesn't do much for me.

i think i liked the overall chaos of the subject matter. nothing's neatly lined up...though it almost is. I dunno. Not the most exciting thing to look at, but i like looking at the shapes and patterns.

#1 is the best IMO. A boring subject is somewhat saved by the texture of the metal and the colour of the leaves.

ya i agree that the lines really dont meet up and i like that
but i dont really like the subject but i like your aproch

I think #2 does the best job of representing your nontraditional subject in a way that is interesting to the viewer. I also think there might be some cooler crops in 3 & 4.

"non traditional subjects" is a nebulous term that encompasses most things in existence. That means these qualify. It doesn't make them good, but you might be onto something.

Just kidding... they are different but if you like them, then that's kewl. I've got some odd shots that people tell me... "Dude... you need a life".

lol i never claim any of my shots are good, BUT i do like a lot of them personally. but like this, some of the stuff i like, are not for everyone. thanks guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back