Am I doing something wrong?

zhaddock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have posted twice asking for feedback to no avail. Have I been uncooth?

Nope, it's not necessarily that you have done anything wrong but when you post pictures, if others don't really have an input or crit to say, they won't typically say anything...... it happens sometimes.... Just depends on how your shots affect people and whether or not it needs crit.

Typically, things that get responses are at the extremes...which means either really good or really bad.

Standard / average pictures will often get little or no response. And yes, my pictures fit into this last category hehe

You are pretty new around here. Go around making some worthwhile comments on other people's photos and it's more likely they will repay in kind.

Also, you will get more out if you put more in. Let people in on what you were thinking with the photo and what you did to get it. At least give us the camera settings etc.

Yeah, it gets a little discouraging sometimes when you're excited about some photos you took. You post them and get chirping crickets.

It has happened to all of us. And we have all also at one time been the ones not commenting on someone elses photos. I try to comment as much as possible, but sometimes the photos just don't mov me in any way, good or bad, and so I cannot work up enough effort to post anything about them.

I agree with the others - it can be offputting, but don't let it be!
If your shot gets ignored for a day or more give the thread a bump (post in it) to bring it back to the top. Provided that a reasonable amount of time (like I say a day at least) then you should have no problems with this.
I have certainly had shots get little to no replies in the past and I expect to get them in the future - sometimes one can help themselves by posting at the right time of day - weekends are a bad time as is middnight

Typically, things that get responses are at the extremes...which means either really good or really bad.

Haha good point... so at least no responses aren't negative responses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back