Photos NOT OK to edit
1-DSC_0073.jpg

#1 Start of the AMA Superbike Race

1-DSC_0180a.jpg

#2 Eventual AMA Superbike winner Ben "elbows" Spies exiting turn 11

1-DSC_0216.jpg

#3 Eventual MotoGP race winner Casey Stoner winding down through the Corkscrew

DSC_0076.jpg

#4 Check out Loris Cappirossi on his Ducati at the apex of turn 3. This is a tricky shot because the inside concrete barrior has chain link fencing up 10 or so feet, and there is only 1 little shooting opening at the apex 3 feet wide and 18 inches tall. Luky for me the corner workers who have to look through the fence were cool and let me get in front of them for the shot.

DSC_0170.jpg

#5 OK here is my last shot for this series. This is Casey Stoner once more - here he is exiting turn 11. Casey is leading the championship in MotoGP by a very good margin. He won pole during qualyifing, led the race flag to flag. Amazing talented rider this young Australian. I want to improve my pans. Especially at lower shutter speeds.......

http://www.bevelheaven.com/gatherings/motogp2007/index.htm for the event gallery if interested....... I shot these with a NIKON D40 with a 70-300 Nikkor lens. have just upgraded to a D80 body and added a 18-135mm lens as my carry around. The D40 I picked up the week before the MotoGP, shot fri, and sat before figuring out the ISO was set at 1600 - BLECH no wonder so many shots were fuzzy and soft!. Fixed that for sunday so the results speak for themsleves. I will be out at Laguna Seca again in a few weeks shooting the AMA Superbike races with an all access [track/paddock] media pass once more.

pretty slick!

Nice shots! Color is amazing.

Yes very nice shots indeed. I particularly like the last one. That really captures the "action" with the blurred advertising boards in the background. Nice job!

thanks guys. the media credential gets you between the spectator fence and the track. It is a very kewl thing and really helps get you in the right spots for good photography.

Some fantastic shots here. Laguna Seca's one of the tracks I definately want to see a race at, no matter the series, at some point in the future.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back