Amateur developing question

Cbc828

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I’ve been taking film photography for around 8 months. I’ve been enjoying it more and more and no longer want to rely on a shop to develop my pictures. I have bought a miniature film scanner. Very simple and portable (Kodak)
I have tried doing this once before, and it was not successful. This time I bought ektachrome color reversal film (e100) hoping the result would be different.

Well I opened the canister up, started scanning, and the slides were completely blank and are now non useable.

Do I need another kind of film? Should I not used the entire roll so I’ll still have something to pull out of the canister ?

I am traveling next week and would love to figure this out so I don’t have to rely on photo labs, thanks !

So I’ve been taking film photography for around 8 months. I’ve been enjoying it more and more and no longer want to rely on a shop to develop my pictures. I have bought a miniature film scanner. Very simple and portable (Kodak)
I have tried doing this once before, and it was not successful. This time I bought ektachrome color reversal film (e100) hoping the result would be different.

Well I opened the canister up, started scanning, and the slides were completely blank and are now non useable.

Do I need another kind of film? Should I not used the entire roll so I’ll still have something to pull out of the canister ?

I am traveling next week and would love to figure this out so I don’t have to rely on photo labs, thanks !

Wait - you want to start developing your own photos so you bought a film scanner?

When you say that you opened up the canister - can you describe exactly what you did? Like, what was your entire process, start to finish?

Because just based on what you're saying, it seems like you are trying to scan the film before it's developed, which is never going to work.

I did it in my closet using the miniature Kodak film scanner
Scanners do not develop film. They simply generate digital files from the original (analog) slide images.

I did it in my closet using the miniature Kodak film scanner

The film scanner does not develop film. Chemicals develop the film. The scanner only takes the images from the developed film and translates them into digital images.

Simulpost! :)

cage1.jpg

Two great minds for but a single thought.

Howlers from undergrad final exams are equally good for a few headslaps. This one, though..."Best of Show" if we're all reading it correctly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back