What's new

amateur photographer looking to create art rather than just snapshots

Op3thian

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 2, 2014
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Location
Grand Junction, Colorado
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello I am brand new here and am looking for resources and advice on learning composition and style to compliment the technique things I am learning... Any suggestions, links, tutorials, etc would be appreciated... I have already found a WEALTH OF INFO online but am looking for as many great sources as possible... Thanks and glad to be here.... I will try to post some pics for critique, however I am in North Dakota working for another week and all of my EXIF DATA for any files I post is in Colorado at home and I am unable to post that info until I get home....
 

Attachments

  • $image.webp
    $image.webp
    80.3 KB · Views: 140
  • $image.webp
    $image.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 110
  • $image.webp
    $image.webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 114
  • $image.webp
    $image.webp
    98.8 KB · Views: 109
Welcome Op3thian and welcome to the Forum.

A couple of suggestions of sites for some ideas on composition:

Photography Composition Articles: General

10 Top Photography Composition Rules | Photography Mad

As well, I would suggest that you look at the websites by Ron Bigelow: Advanced Composition -- Part I. This is the first in a series of three on composition, the link to each subsequent article is found at the end of the page, e.g., link to Part 2 is at the end of Part 1, etc. A couple of additional ones can be found at The Art of Subtraction and Simplicity.

As well, if you do a search on the web for "photography composition", you will find more articles than you could probably read in a lifetime. The only other suggestion that I would make is to number your images, when posting, if you are looking for feedback. Numbering makes it a lot easier for a reviewer to refer to an image in his/her review. Also, you probably should post only two or three images at a time as this also makes it easier for someone to review them. HTH.

WesternGuy
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom