Amazing close up, Red Shouldered Hawk

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's unbelievable how close this hawk let me get.
CC approved.
PC300526.jpg

Excellent portrait.

The only CC I could possibly give is if you chose you could have used a higher aperture to open your depth of field more to get the bottom of the frame in focus.
Having said this, I wouldn't have. I like it just the way it is.

Truly amazing! Really wonderful work- my hands would've been shaking from fear of messing up such a rare opportunity! Nicely captured, friend.

They have amazing eyes. Wish I could see like they can!

Excellent portrait.

The only CC I could possibly give is if you chose you could have used a higher aperture to open your depth of field more to get the bottom of the frame in focus.
Having said this, I wouldn't have. I like it just the way it is.

Thank you very much! I appreciate the feedback, it wasn’t somwthing I noticed. This was at 300mm from 25’. I’m not sure I could have stopped it down to bring it in focus. I did zoom out on some other shots with the full bird in focus.

Great shot.

Thank you!

Truly amazing! Really wonderful work- my hands would've been shaking from fear of messing up such a rare opportunity! Nicely captured, friend.

Thanks. I was nervous. I went outside to shoot some birds near a feeder, turned around, and there he was. He didn’t mind me being there. I walked slowly all the way around him to change the lighting angle. It really was something else.

Beautiful!

Thank you!

Great shot, love the detail in the beak and eye! So, just how close were you?

Thank you! He stayed around the yard all day, giving me plenty of shooting opportunities. At one point, I got approximately 25’ from him.

That's stunning, lovely clear background too. Really does feel like he's looking at you with that 1 eye.

Nominated for PoM.

That's a humdinger!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back