Amazing imges

Well I see this got alot of views but no responses. I hope someone got to enjoy it as much as I did. By the way it is images from Gary Fong's recent wedding.

They look ok. But nothing unlike every other good professional wedding photographer out there.

Since the thread is titled amazing photos and not Fong's wedding. I'll post the link to http://flashflavor.com/ this guy who uses strobist style lighting with his assistant at his weddings. Some of the photos here are truly aweinspiring for me, and IMO much better than most of what was on the happy blog.

Yes they are good. Very good. What I am saying though is it's not as unique as I possibly expected it to be. Fong and some other photographers in his circle charge significantly more than many other quality wedding photographers who seem to produce similar quality work.

Well noone is going to pay for it unless they think it is worth it. But I guess that also omes down to marketing.

Nice work!! Wish i had the equipment they had!!! Ugh. gotta love being a poor collage student! lol Anybody care to purchase a 40d for me?...lol....a couple lenses wouldn't hurt, either :) Im takin' donations!:mrgreen:

Gear!?!?! I don't think you need to have a certain kind of gear to have the skills to shoot images like this you are just talking about highly skilled photographers yes, they do have good gear but I think they could do this with the cheapest as well as the best gear.

Gear!?!?! I don't think you need to have a certain kind of gear to have the skills to shoot images like this you are just talking about highly skilled photographers yes, they do have good gear but I think they could do this with the cheapest as well as the best gear.

mmmmm im gonna have to slightly disagree with you on that one. Although his work does show amazing composition, color, and timing......his work shows that he can hold a large aperature even at a relatively long zoom. My camera, on the other hand, contracts to 5.6 when i zoom out - which makes it hard to capture light quickly in low-lit situations. I see some of his work was inside and outside in the evening... I could never freeze a persons expression with that amount of light available with my lens. Thats all im sayin'. ;)

|Brock|

mmmmm im gonna have to slightly disagree with you on that one. Although his work does show amazing composition, color, and timing......his work shows that he can hold a large aperature even at a relatively long zoom. My camera, on the other hand, contracts to 5.6 when i zoom out - which makes it hard to capture light quickly in low-lit situations. I see some of his work was inside and outside in the evening... I could never freeze a persons expression with that amount of light available with my lens. Thats all im sayin'. ;)

|Brock|

I'd have to agree with you on this one, Brock. I know it's not the gear that makes a photographer, so hold your fire everybody, but the gear can definitely make a difference.

Granted, you have to know how to use it to get great results, but I sure don't know too many photographers who could shoot a music gig in a dimly lit club with a zoom that only stops down to 5.6 at the long end. ;)

Jason

I agree with the OP - some very beautiful shots. I don't look at wedding photography ever, but these guys caught a huge amount of emotion, their colour was great, some styled shots that came across nicely, and just an overall well done job. Thanks OP - was a pleasure to see some well done shooting!

C.

Well I will admit I wanted to change the subject line after I posted the images but I don't think you can, can you??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back