What's new

Amazing macro!

pursuer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
1,397
Reaction score
40
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This reversed lens technique really is addictive, I tried it on various plant leaves and was blown away by the results. Not only can you make out the cellular structure, but the stomata are visible in a couple of the photos. I had no idea this was possible without a microscope.

I used a my 200mm zoom with a 50mm prime reversed in front. I held the leaves with a close pin and used a flash light to light them from behind.

leaf14fl.jpg


leaf28lc.jpg


leaf48cj.jpg
 
WOW! Awesome! This is addicting isnt it? i have been doing this for 2 days now nonstop!
 
Excellent work, and very original. It has surprised to me pleasingly. Good work. Greetings from Spain.

Excelente trabajo, y muy original. Me ha sorprendido gratamente. Buen trabajo. Saludos desde España.
 
Now that's CLOSE up! Good shots - very abstract!

Rob
 
That's it. Yes. From Macro to Microscope.
What a magnification!
How could you hold your hands so steady?
 
thats incredible. I think i'm going to add that to my list of things to try.
 
Thanks guys, LaFoto I didn't have to hold the camera. I set it up on a table with the reversed lens just sitting in place and used a 10sec mirror lockup to let the vibrations from pressing the shutter release die down.

ZaphodB, Im shooting digital so I just let the histogram guide me, trial and error basically.
 
Ah ok thanks, I was just wondering if the camera can meter properly with the lens reversed like that.
 
Oh yes, the in camera meter still works properly.
 
Cool, maybe my negatives won't come out blank then :D (I've just taken a couple of films of reversed-lens macro shots, mostly using the camera's TTL meter).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom