Amazon can really suck sometimes

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I ordered a 580 EXII from them before Christmas (by about 3 days). They showed the item in stock all the way up to yesterday. This morning I get an email saying it's back ordered and they estimate delivery 2 weeks from now.

Please.

So I canceled the order and low and behold found it $10 cheaper from another Amazon dealer... this time they estimate delivery next tuesday. I'm sure on Tuesday I'll get another email saying it's delayed again, or perhaps I won't get anything.

I don't know why I continue to shop with them... prices I suppose. But man, they seriously suck 90% of the time.

/rant off

I never had a problem like that, but I did just recently order something from another site (newegg.com) instead of Amazon because Amazon charges tax!!!

Yeah, I want the benefit of paying tax AND the added joy of waiting a week for a product.

You can order Speedlites on AMAZON?
I never knew that?
All I have ever ordered from them were books or music (CDs), nothing else. And I was quite happy with their fast delivery of such things in the days before Christmas. Five more books in Spanish, and seven more CDs of music that only I like ... ah! Good.

I got my 580EXII from a camera shop (retailer) in Bremen, and it was 10 Euro cheaper than the same in one of the superhuge chain dealers for electronics, PLUS people there knew what they were talking about when they advised me, while the sales assistents in that large chain store didn't have a CLUE of cameras and accessories.

You can order Speedlites on AMAZON?
I never knew that?
All I have ever ordered from them were books or music (CDs), nothing else. And I was quite happy with their fast delivery of such things in the days before Christmas. Five more books in Spanish, and seven more CDs of music that only I like ... ah! Good.

I got my 580EXII from a camera shop (retailer) in Bremen, and it was 10 Euro cheaper than the same in one of the superhuge chain dealers for electronics, PLUS people there knew what they were talking about when they advised me, while the sales assistents in that large chain store didn't have a CLUE of cameras and accessories.

You can order almost anything from Amazon. I got my Canon 5D from Amazon plus accessories at a very good price.

You can order almost anything from Amazon...

Oh wow. I really must check their site more closely then! Always only went to "Foreign language books" or "Classical Music CDs" :roll:

Amazon is a great place to order from I find :)
Though stock and deliveries around christmas for many places is often frought with troubles - deliveries taking longer or stock running out very quickly!

I like them for books especailly - they get a lot more variety than many bookshops have space to store stuff - plus american imports (at uk prices) as well for some authors - they take 3 weeks to get in, but its well worth it over not getting te books :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back