What's new

American God

I'm afraid I don't 'get it'.
Most wont.
it has a point. But that is awesome it means it could be worthy of a art gallery!
The times I've gone to photography art gallery shows, I don't remember ever seeing any of the photos with statements written out next to them saying "This is a really good photo, guys. -The photographer"

Even if it does have some epic message, I think you need to try to reframe it to make it a little more obvious.
I am considering it. Appreciate the feedback. The cats eye comment through me off. Could have been better done. First version the tunnel and light at the end with money was more obvious, but backing off the camera also brought the surrounding in focus. which I didn't want clear. I wanted to concentrate on the center focus. so I could try a different way. But on the other hand, why redo it? (contemplating.....) It doesn't have to appeal to or be understood by a hundred percent. Id prefer the 10 percent that spends more than twenty seconds looking at it and understands it. A good portion of the other ninety percent the photo is being critical of. Isn't there something to be said for knowing your audience?
surely people don't take photos in attempts to appease a hundred percent of viewers.
 
But on the other hand, why redo it? (contemplating.....)

Save yourself the hassle and do not redo it.
I should post it on a anticapitalism anti religion site. Preferably a European one. For a general audience, I don't expect them to get it. But If it don't fly there, then I know I have a issue.
 
Well I give you credit for not being afraid of trying different things. If you don't try you will never know if it will work or if it's any good.
 
If I was that money, I'd throw your camera on the ground and tell you I don't like my photo taken.
 
I'd prefer the 10 percent that spends more than twenty seconds looking at it and understands it.
Do you truly PREFER that? Or are you just willing to accept it?
Would the photo lose something if you were to reformat the same message to be understood by 75% of people instead?
It might lose something (a secret decoder ring is no fun if anybody has one, etc. etc.), but just wanna sort of push you to ask yourself whether that really is the case here.

You mentioned museums for example, early on, which implies more of a popular understanding, not niche. For example, most Pullitzer prize photos are very obvious and forceful in their message by comparison, like this one:
http://worldsfamousphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/spot_news_-1.jpg
You almost get the message before you even register what the content is.
 
Most wont.
it has a point. But that is awesome it means it could be worthy of a art gallery!
The times I've gone to photography art gallery shows, I don't remember ever seeing any of the photos with statements written out next to them saying "This is a really good photo, guys. -The photographer"

Even if it does have some epic message, I think you need to try to reframe it to make it a little more obvious.
I am considering it. Appreciate the feedback. The cats eye comment through me off. Could have been better done. First version the tunnel and light at the end with money was more obvious, but backing off the camera also brought the surrounding in focus. which I didn't want clear. I wanted to concentrate on the center focus. so I could try a different way. But on the other hand, why redo it? (contemplating.....) It doesn't have to appeal to or be understood by a hundred percent. Id prefer the 10 percent that spends more than twenty seconds looking at it and understands it. A good portion of the other ninety percent the photo is being critical of. Isn't there something to be said for knowing your audience?
surely people don't take photos in attempts to appease a hundred percent of viewers.

I'm not buying it. Deep down inside you really know how bad this photo is. You can't explain a photo into having a purpose.
 
I'd prefer the 10 percent that spends more than twenty seconds looking at it and understands it.
Do you truly PREFER that? Or are you just willing to accept it?
Would the photo lose something if you were to reformat the same message to be understood by 75% of people instead?
It might lose something (a secret decoder ring is no fun if anybody has one, etc. etc.), but just wanna sort of push you to ask yourself whether that really is the case here.

You mentioned museums for example, early on, which implies more of a popular understanding, not niche. For example, most Pullitzer prize photos are very obvious and forceful in their message by comparison, like this one:
http://worldsfamousphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/spot_news_-1.jpg
You almost get the message before you even register what the content is.

i don't like that photo. i wouldn't want to make that.
 
The times I've gone to photography art gallery shows, I don't remember ever seeing any of the photos with statements written out next to them saying "This is a really good photo, guys. -The photographer"

Even if it does have some epic message, I think you need to try to reframe it to make it a little more obvious.
I am considering it. Appreciate the feedback. The cats eye comment through me off. Could have been better done. First version the tunnel and light at the end with money was more obvious, but backing off the camera also brought the surrounding in focus. which I didn't want clear. I wanted to concentrate on the center focus. so I could try a different way. But on the other hand, why redo it? (contemplating.....) It doesn't have to appeal to or be understood by a hundred percent. Id prefer the 10 percent that spends more than twenty seconds looking at it and understands it. A good portion of the other ninety percent the photo is being critical of. Isn't there something to be said for knowing your audience?
surely people don't take photos in attempts to appease a hundred percent of viewers.

I'm not buying it. Deep down inside you really know how bad this photo is. You can't explain a photo into having a purpose.
it may be bad, but i does have purpose. you don't think it has purpose?
 
I am considering it. Appreciate the feedback. The cats eye comment through me off. Could have been better done. First version the tunnel and light at the end with money was more obvious, but backing off the camera also brought the surrounding in focus. which I didn't want clear. I wanted to concentrate on the center focus. so I could try a different way. But on the other hand, why redo it? (contemplating.....) It doesn't have to appeal to or be understood by a hundred percent. Id prefer the 10 percent that spends more than twenty seconds looking at it and understands it. A good portion of the other ninety percent the photo is being critical of. Isn't there something to be said for knowing your audience?
surely people don't take photos in attempts to appease a hundred percent of viewers.

I'm not buying it. Deep down inside you really know how bad this photo is. You can't explain a photo into having a purpose.
it may be bad, but i does have purpose. you don't think it has purpose?

No.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom