What's new

American God

Sorry. I'm with John on this one. :scratch:
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
A hyperfocus on money but the economy sucks so the God is dead?
 
I "get it" but I don't like it.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #8
I "get it" but I don't like it.
well, it isn't meant to like at all. Quite the contrary. It's a abrupt five minutes setup (haphazardly) equivalent of holding up a protest sign or making a statement.. it is a pretty slamming photo actually and critical photo. But I am curious as to what you "get"
 
To me, it symbolizes American's love of money, and we see the Devil's cat eye hypnotizing us.

Close?
 
I "get it" but I don't like it.
well, it isn't meant to like at all. Quite the contrary. It's a abrupt five minutes setup (haphazardly) equivalent of holding up a protest sign or making a statement.. it is a pretty slamming photo actually and critical photo. But I am curious as to what you "get"
Is that supposed to mean "good"?

My art education, limited though it has been has always taught me that a picture (or photograph) is worth a thousand words, not that it should require a thousand-word explanation.
 
Money IS the root of all good, so it makes sense to me.
 
To me, it symbolizes American's love of money, and we see the Devil's cat eye hypnotizing us.

Close?
part of it. Take a closer look at the money and the cats eye and the title..
 
To me, it symbolizes American's love of money,

are you suggesting only Americans love money and that there's even something bad about that?
 
I'm afraid I don't 'get it'.
Most wont.
it has a point. But that is awesome it means it could be worthy of a art gallery!
The times I've gone to photography art gallery shows, I don't remember ever seeing any of the photos with statements written out next to them saying "This is a really good photo, guys. -The photographer"

Even if it does have some epic message, I think you need to try to reframe it to make it a little more obvious.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom