What's new

American God

this is more of money is the REAL religion people practice in this country. Nuances to religion being fake as well would be a added bonus.

Thankyou for your time.
How are you with origami? :lol:

A cross made out of money?

Money as the real religion, I get. I can get on board with that.

Might be hard to pull off (it would require shooting on location or building a set), but communion where the bread is money. You could pull it off without going to an actual church with maybe a closeup of someone accepting the 'bread'. As long as it was clear that it was communion, I think that would work very well, and I might use it myself, lol. A hand and a face - that's all you would need for that. No set, no background...
 
this is more of money is the REAL religion people practice in this country. Nuances to religion being fake as well would be a added bonus.

Thankyou for your time.
How are you with origami? :lol:

A cross made out of money?

Money as the real religion, I get. I can get on board with that.

Might be hard to pull off (it would require shooting on location or building a set), but communion where the bread is money. You could pull it off without going to an actual church with maybe a closeup of someone accepting the 'bread'. As long as it was clear that it was communion, I think that would work very well, and I might use it myself, lol. A hand and a face - that's all you would need for that. No set, no background...
i could beat you with that. i have access to a church. stained glass windows, red carpet and all. using a real church for a photo set that's antireligion and money might actually cross that line into sacrilege though
 
this is more of money is the REAL religion people practice in this country. Nuances to religion being fake as well would be a added bonus.

Thankyou for your time.
How are you with origami? :lol:

A cross made out of money?

Money as the real religion, I get. I can get on board with that.

Might be hard to pull off (it would require shooting on location or building a set), but communion where the bread is money. You could pull it off without going to an actual church with maybe a closeup of someone accepting the 'bread'. As long as it was clear that it was communion, I think that would work very well, and I might use it myself, lol. A hand and a face - that's all you would need for that. No set, no background...
i could beat you with that. i have access to a church. stained glass windows, red carpet and all. using a real church for a photo set that's antireligion and money might actually cross that line into sacrilege though
You have to admit that it's a great idea though. :lol:

Personally, I would opt for the hand and face option, background would be of no real importance.
 
How are you with origami? :lol:

A cross made out of money?

Money as the real religion, I get. I can get on board with that.

Might be hard to pull off (it would require shooting on location or building a set), but communion where the bread is money. You could pull it off without going to an actual church with maybe a closeup of someone accepting the 'bread'. As long as it was clear that it was communion, I think that would work very well, and I might use it myself, lol. A hand and a face - that's all you would need for that. No set, no background...
i could beat you with that. i have access to a church. stained glass windows, red carpet and all. using a real church for a photo set that's antireligion and money might actually cross that line into sacrilege though
You have to admit that it's a great idea though. :lol:

Personally, I would opt for the hand and face option, background would be of no real importance.
oh no.. the pews, carpet, stained glass. Kneeling in front of the alter with money scattered on the floor in front of them. eating out of a offering plate. put a dog leash on them. That would come off extraordinary. you got me thinking now....And that isn't usually a good thing
 
Money IS the root of all good, so it makes sense to me.

Love of money is the root of ll evil.

1 Timothy 6:10


"...you say it’s the love of money that’s the root of all evil? To love a thing is to know and love its nature. To love money is to know and love the fact that money is the creation of the best power within you, and your passkey to trade your effort for the effort of the best among men. It’s the person who would sell his soul for a nickel, who is loudest in proclaiming his hatred of money–and he has good reason to hate it. The lovers of money are willing to work for it. They know they are able to deserve it." - francisco d'anconia
 
i could beat you with that. i have access to a church. stained glass windows, red carpet and all. using a real church for a photo set that's antireligion and money might actually cross that line into sacrilege though
You have to admit that it's a great idea though. :lol:

Personally, I would opt for the hand and face option, background would be of no real importance.
oh no.. the pews, carpet, stained glass. Kneeling in front of the alter with money scattered on the floor in front of them. eating out of a offering plate. put a dog leash on them. That would come off extraordinary. you got me thinking now....And that isn't usually a good thing
LOL. I just meant that for that "hand and face" shot, the background wouldn't really matter.

If you have a "set", it would be tempting to use it. I'm sure the church would not be happy though. But who knows - maybe this worship of wealth pisses them off just as much as it does you. Anyway, I don't think I would feel right shooting it there without getting approval first (and by 'approval', I mean that they know what the end result is going to be). Anything anti-religion, they are obviously not going to go for. If it's merely anti-greed, they may be willing to help you though.

Eating out of the offering plate (filled with cash), altar surrounded by cash, hell - even the dog leashes - all good ideas. Just not sure about actually doing it inside a church, lol. I mean, if they're cool with it, why not - but I sort of expect some other reaction when you tell them what you want to do, lol.

I agree though, it would be extraordinary, without doubt. Just don't step on any toes doing it.
 
Money IS the root of all good, so it makes sense to me.

Love of money is the root of ll evil.

1 Timothy 6:10


"...you say it’s the love of money that’s the root of all evil? To love a thing is to know and love its nature. To love money is to know and love the fact that money is the creation of the best power within you, and your passkey to trade your effort for the effort of the best among men. It’s the person who would sell his soul for a nickel, who is loudest in proclaiming his hatred of money–and he has good reason to hate it. The lovers of money are willing to work for it. They know they are able to deserve it." - francisco d'anconia
this part, is utter bull****.
 
You have to admit that it's a great idea though. :lol:

Personally, I would opt for the hand and face option, background would be of no real importance.
oh no.. the pews, carpet, stained glass. Kneeling in front of the alter with money scattered on the floor in front of them. eating out of a offering plate. put a dog leash on them. That would come off extraordinary. you got me thinking now....And that isn't usually a good thing
LOL. I just meant that for that "hand and face" shot, the background wouldn't really matter.

If you have a "set", it would be tempting to use it. I'm sure the church would not be happy though. But who knows - maybe this worship of wealth pisses them off just as much as it does you. Anyway, I don't think I would feel right shooting it there without getting approval first (and by 'approval', I mean that they know what the end result is going to be). Anything anti-religion, they are obviously not going to go for. If it's merely anti-greed, they may be willing to help you though.

Eating out of the offering plate (filled with cash), altar surrounded by cash, hell - even the dog leashes - all good ideas. Just not sure about actually doing it inside a church, lol. I mean, if they're cool with it, why not - but I sort of expect some other reaction when you tell them what you want to do, lol.

I agree though, it would be extraordinary, without doubt. Just don't step on any toes doing it.
dont tell em. The lords house is open FOR sinners.
 
oh no.. the pews, carpet, stained glass. Kneeling in front of the alter with money scattered on the floor in front of them. eating out of a offering plate. put a dog leash on them. That would come off extraordinary. you got me thinking now....And that isn't usually a good thing
LOL. I just meant that for that "hand and face" shot, the background wouldn't really matter.

If you have a "set", it would be tempting to use it. I'm sure the church would not be happy though. But who knows - maybe this worship of wealth pisses them off just as much as it does you. Anyway, I don't think I would feel right shooting it there without getting approval first (and by 'approval', I mean that they know what the end result is going to be). Anything anti-religion, they are obviously not going to go for. If it's merely anti-greed, they may be willing to help you though.

Eating out of the offering plate (filled with cash), altar surrounded by cash, hell - even the dog leashes - all good ideas. Just not sure about actually doing it inside a church, lol. I mean, if they're cool with it, why not - but I sort of expect some other reaction when you tell them what you want to do, lol.

I agree though, it would be extraordinary, without doubt. Just don't step on any toes doing it.
dont tell em. The lords house is open FOR sinners.
Well, I can't deny that it could be a powerful shot shot, and that there is no better place for it. If you do it, just make sure you do it WELL. Don't "half-ass" anything. You'll probably only have one shot at it, so make sure it's perfect.
 
Any picture involving currency is innately at risk of being cliché before it is even taken. Any picture that tries to relate money and God... even more so. If you're going to pull off something like this, the picture needs to be something that we've never seen before... and it needs to be well executed. This photo is, imo, neither of these things.
 
LOL. I just meant that for that "hand and face" shot, the background wouldn't really matter.

If you have a "set", it would be tempting to use it. I'm sure the church would not be happy though. But who knows - maybe this worship of wealth pisses them off just as much as it does you. Anyway, I don't think I would feel right shooting it there without getting approval first (and by 'approval', I mean that they know what the end result is going to be). Anything anti-religion, they are obviously not going to go for. If it's merely anti-greed, they may be willing to help you though.

Eating out of the offering plate (filled with cash), altar surrounded by cash, hell - even the dog leashes - all good ideas. Just not sure about actually doing it inside a church, lol. I mean, if they're cool with it, why not - but I sort of expect some other reaction when you tell them what you want to do, lol.

I agree though, it would be extraordinary, without doubt. Just don't step on any toes doing it.
dont tell em. The lords house is open FOR sinners.
Well, I can't deny that it could be a powerful shot shot, and that there is no better place for it. If you do it, just make sure you do it WELL. Don't "half-ass" anything. You'll probably only have one shot at it, so make sure it's perfect.

its the set really. you cant be the set. Anything else just wouldn't be a complete frame.. i know the minister. maybe i will just straight out ask. sneaking wouldn't work anyway it would be a couple hours setup to get it right.
 
Any picture involving currency is innately at risk of being cliché before it is even taken. Any picture that tries to relate money and God... even more so. If you're going to pull off something like this, the picture needs to be something that we've never seen before... and it needs to be well executed. This photo is, imo, neither of these things.
the thread topic or the proposed church photo?
 
This is "art", but photos of guns are banned?? Help me understand?????
 
I like it. It's weird and worth staring at. That's enough for me.
Try B & W.
 
Swing and a miss. Sorry ole chap.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom