American Kestrel

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spotted this little kestrel about 20 m from me the other day at Ft. De Soto. At first I thought it was just a mockingbird or something, I could only see its shaded side which made it hard to identify but something about its size and shape told me it was possibly an American Kestrel and when I turned around and got a closer look at it I was very pleased. They're very pretty little birds of prey.

12312255-studio.jpg

12312270-studio.jpg

Very nice shots!

I believe I overexposed them a tad but thanks, anyway.
I'm not seeing it. Isn't that the natural color? And nothing is blown out.

I'm not seeing it. Isn't that the natural color? And nothing is blown out.
I had a few people from another site tell me it was too bright and washed out looking. Not that the whites were blown out. It was a bright morning and I agree with you that the colors were correct for the lighting condition so in my mind, everything was natural.

Looks great to me. Nicely done. One of my bucket list birds to get a shot of.

perhaps the "washed out" comment can be attributed to the over saturated shots I see of these birds. Granted some of them are more colorful, but they are like this too.

perhaps the "washed out" comment can be attributed to the over saturated shots I see of these birds. Granted some of them are more colorful, but they are like this too.
Thanks, I appreciate the comment and view. Some people don't have an eye nor an appreciation for what is natural and feel they can make a shot look 'better' with PS. Better in their opinion that is, an opinion since everything is subjective, and there's a lot of opinions floating around out there. :wink-6:

Most reactions

Back