What's new

Amother ugly old rocker

No comment?
 
Eddie Money? Holy...

Exposure on these is spot on. Care to share your setup and basic settings? (I have a concert shoot coming up and would love to do whatever you did here.)
 
Thank you. I would have loved to get in front a bit but after waiting in line for 2 hours for a spot on the beach by the time we were allowed in it was already packed and we were forced to sit in the bleachers off to the side. Trying to get down front would have been an exercise in futility.

If you follow the link in my sig below to flickr you can read all the exifs but basically I used Shutter (speed) priority to keep my shutter at 1/100-125. With the 70-200vrII I find that this speed will still provide sharp images at 200mm. ISO was 1600 and Aperture varied (Shutter Priority) between f3.2-f4.5 for the most part. I was sitting ~60' from the stage.

I also used "Spot" metering on the main subject. With ever changing lighting it seemed to work best. I have 750 images from this show, most every shot exposed properly.
 
Nice! I always liked Money... "Two tickets to Paradise" was one of my favorites in high school!
 
Nice! I always liked Money... "Two tickets to Paradise" was one of my favorites in high school!

the first image, with his two fingers up......

Some of the better concert shots seen here.
Nicely sharp and great color.
Of course teh equipment was a great asset.

Nice work.

Lew

Yes, good gear makes the job easier, for sure :)
 
I wonder how much his Social Security checks come to each month???
 
:D not enough to support his lifestyle no doubt.

He made a few jokes during the evening, some personal comments and played a tribute song for all the men and women serving our country. I never really got into his music, I like it but not love it, ya know, but after watching him at 63 can only imaging how much fun it might have been to see him at 33 ;)
 
Eddie Money on the SC Boardwalk. Wow. What fun!

1 and 4 really stand out. Thanks for sharing these. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom