~~An advanced beginner~~

Welcome to the forums! Wow, 12 is really young.

I can't see the picture though. :(

WOW! you were the one who came up with the red X???

Kidding :D

Welcome to the forum.

WOW! you were the one who came up with the red X???

Kidding :D

Welcome to the forum.

That confused me for a while, and then I realized that not everyone runs Mac OS X. I get a pretty white question mark inside a sky-blue box, truly a spectacle to behold.

I hope the OP gets this image thing sorted out, I'm curious now to see the image.

You can do it Phil The Photographer! I have faith!

That confused me for a while, and then I realized that not everyone runs Mac OS X. I get a pretty white question mark inside a sky-blue box, truly a spectacle to behold.

I hope the OP gets this image thing sorted out, I'm curious now to see the image.

You can do it Phil The Photographer! I have faith!

That one too! haha

Its telling me that the photo is private, thus it will not show up here.

Change that, and we will be able to see it...maybe

I think when you upload it on flickr you have a choice of it being public or private, you may want to try uploading it again.

You have to click the little yellow button with the mountains and put the DIRECT url in there. Like this.
2178877127_60b7f35816.jpg

The shot is kind of boring, but the colors are truly brilliant. The important thing, in my mind, with sunrises or sunsets is that there is some sort of an interesting foreground element as a truly great landscape can not rely on simply one element of a picture (in this case, pretty sky). A good photo, to me, and to a lot of people I think, is one that includes interest from edge to edge, corner to corner. The silhouette effect is good sometimes, but the trees are of no interest to me so therefore, the effect does nothing to help the shot, but only hurt. You're on the right track with the exposure here and the colors are truly nice. See you around on the forums.

My thoughts on it would be that you try to simplify your foreground - remember that the sky should be your focal point (unless you're doing something really cool and shooting the reflection too), so don't let your foreground cover it. Position yourself so you are getting a clearly defined silhouette of ONE tree, or a distant house, or something like that. I'd also try reducing the amount of "black space" on the bottom, which is heavy and distracting.

Just a few thoughts. Beautiful colours in the sunset!

Most reactions

Back