3. Red Tailed Hawk
DSC_6413 - Copy.jpg

4. Gyr Falcon
DSC_6463 - Copy.jpg

5. Gyr Falcon
DSC_6472 - Copy.jpg

6. Golden Eagle
DSC_6507 - Copy.jpg

Nice shots. Where is the local raptor centre on the Island? I visit there every so often and it would be nice to have like this to get some photos.

I like the red-tailed the best. If I didn't know it was a raptor centre, it would appear to be a good shot "in the wild".

Why does your Golden Eagle look blue on my monitor - time to recalibrate maybe?

WesternGuy

Those are some really nice shots in my opinion. Good job!

Nice shots. Where is the local raptor centre on the Island? I visit there every so often and it would be nice to have like this to get some photos.

I like the red-tailed the best. If I didn't know it was a raptor centre, it would appear to be a good shot "in the wild".

WesternGuy
Thanks for the comments. The Raptor center is about 6 km out of Duncan on herd Rd. Just google Raptors Duncan, they have a very good web site.
I think I could have warmed the eagle up in post but kinda hurried thru it. It was very dark in the enclosure. The whole center except for the field for flight demos is heavily treed so there is a lot of dark shadow and dappled light. A fun exercise with the camera.

Very nice

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

WesternGuy
Thanks for the comments. The Raptor center is about 6 km out of Duncan on herd Rd. Just google Raptors Duncan, they have a very good web site.
I think I could have warmed the eagle up in post but kinda hurried thru it. It was very dark in the enclosure. The whole center except for the field for flight demos is heavily treed so there is a lot of dark shadow and dappled light. A fun exercise with the camera.
Thanks Brian. I appreciate the site information and the ideas on why things are a bit dark - I recalibrated my monitor this pm, just in case :biggrin-93:. This will definitely be on my list for my next visit to the Island.

WesternGuy

WesternGuy

Does this look better? I warmed it a bit and upped the exposure some.

DSC_6507-2.jpg

Feathers still look blue - don't know why, maybe it is a "shadow" effect. Then again, maybe that's its colour under the circumstances, or there are different colour spaces involved. Don't worry about it - it may be just one of those things that can't be explained.

WesternGuy

Nice shots. Can you share which lens you used ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice shots. Would love to see a Gyrfalcon in the wild. Never did.

Most reactions

Back