An afternoon on the Texas City Dike...

Didereaux

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Beautiful clear (but chilly) day down in these parts so went for a drive out on the Texas City Dike. This is a man made dike that sticks out into Galveston Bay 5 miles. Google it! ;)
That lighthouse is about 3.5mi across the Bay from me.

Anywho took a few shots of what you typically see out there. Excluding a thousand or so fishermen parked along the way. ;)

7D__8758.jpg

7D__8805.jpg

IMG_5990.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

Last edited:
Nice series, I like the second one, the bird is amazing, nice, clean and sharp, but the 3rd one is blurred, maybr the camera didn't focus or you had your lens dirty, I don't know what to say.Without the 3rd one I like these pics.Good Job! And I have a question, what lens do you use for shooting flying bird?

Nice series, I like the second one, the bird is amazing, nice, clean and sharp, but the 3rd one is blurred, maybr the camera didn't focus or you had your lens dirty, I don't know what to say.Without the 3rd one I like these pics.Good Job! And I have a question, what lens do you use for shooting flying bird?

Those were taken with a Canon 6D w/100-400 IS, and a 7D w/Sigma 150-600. Both handheld.
the first two were the Sigma, the next two were the 100-400mm. Very cold out and the wife was having trouble holding steady with the 100-400 so there is some movement blur....normally her and that lens are sharp as a tack.

Last edited:
Here's a couple more taken that day with the Sigma. Also handheld. Was practicing handheld on flyng birds. Taking awhile, but I am slowly getting the knack of it, and the settings.
7D__8816.jpg

7D__8543.jpg

Nice! What is the bird in the 4th?

Most reactions

Back