An assortment of birds.

shefjr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been really busy with work so my time to produce any quality photos of birds has been quite limited. Here is an assortment of photos from this weekend.
I hope you enjoy and feel free to judge the photos.

1. Juvenile Baltimore Oriole

Juvi Male Balt Or by Shefjr, on Flickr

2. Red-Shouldered Hawk

Hawk in dead tree3 by Shefjr, on Flickr

3. Ruby-Throated Humming bird

Ruby throat 5 by Shefjr, on Flickr

4. Red-Shouldered Hawk with a Robin for lunch

hawks 1 54207 by Shefjr, on Flickr

Beautiful shots! I love the second, it looks like he's screaming right at you.

You might consider cropping #1 and #2 in portrait mode to lose some of the background, but that's up to you.

Very nice set. #1 is my favorite, then #2. #3 is awesome, and i mean "I have some awe" of that photo as I've not yet captured a hummingbird, and certainly not a capture that nice. :) #4 is cool in the moment, with his food there (just that one bright stick takes away a bit -- i dont' mind the big branch though)

Really nice captures there.

Kevin

These are all really nice! I never saw a juvenile Baltimore Oriole before, and this is a very nice shot of one.
LOVE the hawk in mid-screech, and the hummingbird--even though I'm not usually a big fan of artificial items in the bird shot. Sometimes, you just do what you gotta do. :D
The last one is a cool moment, but the branch in the foreground IS a little distracting--still, I'd be happy to have gotten that shot!

Beautiful shots! I love the second, it looks like he's screaming right at you.

You might consider cropping #1 and #2 in portrait mode to lose some of the background, but that's up to you.

Thanks Scott. I think he was screaming at me simply because I've been following them (mom and dad +3 little ones) around the neighborhood. I'm sure they are sick of me. lol! To be honest I didn't really consider cropping. Mostly because I have been trying to produce landscape type images for a calendar contest that I want to get into again.

very nice! #1 is my fav of the bunch

Thank you Aloicious! I'm glad #1 turned out looking as nice as it did. I had the ISO bumped up fairly high because it was overcast that day

Very nice set. #1 is my favorite, then #2. #3 is awesome, and i mean "I have some awe" of that photo as I've not yet captured a hummingbird, and certainly not a capture that nice. :) #4 is cool in the moment, with his food there (just that one bright stick takes away a bit -- i dont' mind the big branch though)

Really nice captures there.

Kevin

Kevin, thanks for commenting. I'm glad you liked the photos. It's funny that until you pointed out the branch I hadn't even noticed it. Lol!

These are all really nice! I never saw a juvenile Baltimore Oriole before, and this is a very nice shot of one.
LOVE the hawk in mid-screech, and the hummingbird--even though I'm not usually a big fan of artificial items in the bird shot. Sometimes, you just do what you gotta do. :D
The last one is a cool moment, but the branch in the foreground IS a little distracting--still, I'd be happy to have gotten that shot!

Sharon, you caught me! I'm thinking that you may be about the Baltimore Oriole in that I now am unsure whether or not that is actually a juvenile. I honestly just assumed without ever checking my self that it was an juvenile. Anyway, some of my resources say that it is and others say that it is not. So.... I'm leaving it labeled as such for the time being. ;)
As for the hummer, I don't think there is any way for me not capture an image without some sort of food source in the photo. Those little buggers don't stay in one spot for more than a minute and then they are off to the woods. Occasionally I do watch one sit high up in a tree branch but, I couldn't capture that without cropping a ton of the image out. As previously stated to Kevin, I never even noticed the branch until you both pointed it out and now it is distracting me! lol! When I edit my photos I am always consumed with looking in to the animals eyes and that type of tunnel vision is what causes me to miss stuff like that or have WB issues or underexposure issues. It's something that I just need to work on and have everyone here on TPF remind me of when I post up my photos. Thanks for reminding me! lol

I hope you all had a great fourth of July!
Thank you for looking and commenting!:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back