blackrose89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
an attempt at an abstract photo
photo #1
PB220474.jpg

And a pine cone. I saw this pine cone, and the overall feel of this pine cone made me think of winter, which we don't really have here as I am in South Florida. So the front part of this photo makes me think of winter, and then it all leads back to the reality of no winter, the grass
lol.

PB270574.jpg

Not really sure about the first one, not much to see but maybe that's the point (abstract style)

The second one is nice but it would have been better if the whole pinecone would have been in focus and maybe the shot is a bit to bright (but that's just personal taste)

A very common mistake that people make when approaching abstract is to sort of obscure the subject such that it is not identifiable. All abstracts have identifiable subjects, however they are often conceptual. By isolating and emphasizing these concepts, rather than what the objective subject was in the first place, abstract ideas are conveyed.

These abstract ideas needn't be particularly obtuse. In the image above it could be as simple the texture which refracted light creates, or perhaps the interaction between the dark and light forms. However, I think that the concept becomes a bit muddled when both of these ideas are mixed together, along with it being blown out in the center of the frame without any real compositional hierarchy - yet still being extremely dynamic - the message is lost in translation.

Most reactions

Back