An easy way to re-size?

John H White

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Could someone please tell me an easy way to re-size my photos for attachment to emails?
Cheers,
John

If you're using a Windows machine, then you can search for and download a handy little utility called "Prish Resizer" which adds a right-click menu item to allow immediate resizing. Quality suffers a bit, but it's cheap and cheerful. There are a number of other options; a search such as "freeware image resizer <OS>" will probably get you lots of options.

For emails you probably want to reduce the file size rather than change the image size (resize).
File size and image size are 2 different things, but reducing the size of a photo will also reduce the file size.
However, you can reduce the file size without reducing the size of the photo.

In the Windows video above they are reducing the image resolution (pixel dimensions) to get a reduced file size.

If doing it to mutiple pics in a batch processing is what you are looking at? I find 'Photoscape' pretty nifty. It also takes care of minor cuts , nicks and repairs and it is FREE. Google 'Photoscpe download' to get the link.
Cheers, Hope this helps.
Jasii

If you have Photoshop you can select all the ones you want to change in Bridge and send them to "Image Processor" in Photoshop and it'll do them all in one batch. Just one little side benefit of Photoshop.
Or do them one at a time in PS with "Save for Web"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back