An incredible Father's Day gift?

i want to know how much is the nikon d5000 too,anyone?

what kind of camera is he using currently?

strippers is always an option. 500 $ of ass grabbing is something he will remember !

Since all the replies so far are basically worthless, I guess I'll help. Love how people think they are being funny when somebody needs real advice.

D5000 is quite a bit better in many ways than the D3000. D5000 has a much better sensor, better AF system among many other things....he will be able to get better pictures (especially in lower light) with a D5000.

If you haven't already, check out B&H Photo....great place with prices that are hard to beat.

B&H has a D5000 kit (with lens) for $639.95 and free shipping. Click the link below and add to cart to get the real price.
Nikon | D5000 Digital SLR Camera Kit with 18-55mm VR Lens

They also have a refurb for just over 500.

All that said, the D3000 is still a good camera in it's own right. He'll be able to get great pictures from it too.

I'm curious what he is using now, what his interests are as far as photography, has he expressed an interest in DSLR, does he know anything about them? How involved do you think he will get?

My advice is that, unless you know of a couple models the person who likes photography is interested in. I would lean toward a gift card. In case you over or under estimate what they want or could use. It sounds like a really nice gift, and you probably know your father best. I just wanted to say I wouldn't buy someone a camera unless I was sure they were totally interested in DSLR or a specific brand.

With that said, I think the D5000 is nice, nicer than the D3000. But, it will depend on what your father needs and what he may want to learn to do.

I just got the D3000 a little over a week ago as my first DSLR and I love it. I thought about going with the 5000 but would rather throw the difference in price into a good Prime lens.

Myfotoguy has a good point. I hate when people try to buy me electronics on a whim. 9/10 they get things i hate or can't use.....

Myfotoguy has a good point.
Agreed. People who aren't "photographers" but are interested in taking snapshots usually view SLRs as too complex or too bulky, and would much prefer a super zoom or a good point & shoot camera.

Glad folks agree, I was trying to say it delicately, I didn't want to suggest you don't know your father, or what he would like or not. However, my experience is often, unless folks come right out and say what they exactly want, some of their ideas about something (particularly something like this) were never voiced, so you would never know exactly what to get, or you could guess wrong.

Anyway, very nice thought of you to get such a gift!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back