An Interview with a Mod: Chase

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
Interviewee: Chase AKA Chase: Forum Owner and Admin

What gave you the idea to start a photography forum? Why did you want to do it?

It really started as nothing more than an experiment. I started a little personal photo site and wanted to get more people visiting, so I started a webring. Once the webring started to bring in traffic, I came up with the idea of a little forum (not that its a very unique idea) and I used the web ring to promote it. I was doing some web site work for a few companies and it became a great way for me to practice things like web site promotion and search engine optimization. A little over a year ago I decided to take things a little more seriously and that is when the current version of the forum was started.

Has the forum become what you wanted it to and if so, how do you think it could improve even more?

In all honesty, I'm not quite sure what I wanted it to become , but I am surprised by what it is becoming. I sure didn't expect it to grow the way it has! We have an amazing group of members, I couldn't ask for any better group of people! As far as improving, I'd like to expand the site to include more than just the forum and make it more of an overall photography site with the forum being just one key component.

What do you like to do on the weekends to relax?

I love roadtrips and just getting out of the rat race (aka Los Angeles), although I don't get a chance to do enough of them. If I stay at home, I tend to drive down to the beach, or hit the local shopping centers and movie theaters.

Do you think you'll be a father someday?

One of these days! I tend to overthink things a lot of the time and I always want things to be perfect, so that makes the whole fatherhood thing a difficult topic for me. I want to live in the perfect neighborhood, have the perfect house, be free of money concerns, etc etc...before I become a father, but some of that is asking too much! :)

Who would you rather be: Superman or Spiderman? Why?

I'd have to go with Superman. The biggest reason is being able to fly, its just something I've always been fascinated with.

Will you be the life of the party or sitting in a snall group talking to people at JT?

I think I'm more likely to be the life of a small group ;) . I tend to enjoy sitting back and listening to people and observing them before I get too involved.

What is the one thing TPF members should not do if they don't want to annoy their admin?

I'd have to say the thing that bothers me most is people being rude to other members. So many forums are full of personal attacks and people just trying to cause trouble and I'm always concerned about the same thing happening here. We've been really lucky with the great group of people that have joined here and I hope our luck continues as the site grows!

Thanks for a great interview Chaseypants!

Awesome. A little more insight into our fearless leader. Thanks for all you do Chase, I know sometimes it seems to go unnoticed but know we all appreciate what you have created and continue to improve upon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back