An Ode to Thorhammer - sort of

Jermz_01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sadly... it's a feeble attempt, but his night shots have inspired me to attempt my own...

The distance from the "subject" was a bit much, unless I hopped the fence and forded a pond/river... but...

1. I like the tree honestly... I was actually trying to get some geese that were in the pond... but by the time I got set up and such - they were out of the shot... doh!
2157912813_3c461ec272_b.jpg

2. again... the distance dilemma ... but... I thought the moon had an eerie red-like glow... I did some PP to enhance that feel.
2157912807_f67462b1f3_b.jpg

I like 'em. Second picture is the best, in the first there's too much darkness in the front (because you were too far off from your subjest like you said).
But both cool pictures, try to get in closer next time?

I love both these shots, I think you did a fine job. If you don't mind me asking, did you need to remove any noise in post processing or did you use a camera that
has a high iso noise reduction built in?

Cheers.

I love both these shots, I think you did a fine job. If you don't mind me asking, did you need to remove any noise in post processing or did you use a camera that
has a high iso noise reduction built in?

Cheers.

Hi Caper -
I'd have to check the original files (home PC) & the camera to confirm the specifics... but... from what I can remember:
Nikon D80 set at auto ISO
200mm VR lens
30 sec. shutter

shot #2 had some Lightroom and PS work to bring the "red's" out...
shot #1 is pretty much right off the camera

I like the first one the best.. second one to me is too much red..

Very cool pics. I prefer #1 as well. I like the tree too, but maybe cropping out the fence at the bottom will be less distracting?

-Chad

I really love these shots! the reflections in the water give add a dimension to the photos, I would say get closer but I am sure you did the best you could, and it seems you might have to go swimming to get closer.

Hi,

Nice shots, but I see you have had the same issue as me in the past - the moon is blown, and it moves if you do a long exposure. If it was me, I would take another shot of the moon and replace the one you have.

Hope this helps,

Kipper.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back