An update on the camera I bought. Pictures inside.

Goradiogo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just recently I came to this thread trying to figure out what kind of camera I should get. I had my eye on a nikon but decided to get a sony. :) I'm happy I did. I'm a beginner at photography and this camera is really really neat. I love to learn new things about it.
sony-dsc-h50.jpg

DSC H50
Heres some recent photos. It'd be nice for you to give me your advice. I need opinions! :p

paint024.jpg

paint021.jpg

#3 My boyfriend
paint069.jpg

photography004-1.jpg

photography026-1.jpg

photography028-1.jpg

photography031-1.jpg

photography041-1.jpg

pretty001-1.jpg

#10 This is a picture of my mom and her cat. I think it's cute. <3 This is more of a candid shot.
pretty051-1.jpg

I know I could do better at this. I don't have much to work with right now. Most of these are taken at my highschool. I'll take some more around my house and around my town. It'll be more creative. But anyways tell me what you think! :) Thank you!

Last edited:
Criticize me captain'

Last edited:
i really like the one of the guy with pain all over him and the one of the baby, although the baby one is a little blown out.
the macros are pretty poorly focused, so your eye gets drawn away from the subject, overall theyre pretty good for a beginner though. keep it up!

Oh and the guy with the paint is my boyfriend. I'll post more pictures up of the paint fight we had.

The mom and the cat one is a really great idea.. if you can do it again.. same clothes not cutting off moms leg and then just watch your background....
They seem quite contrasty did you PP them to look that way?

The mom and the cat one is a really great idea.. if you can do it again.. same clothes not cutting off moms leg and then just watch your background....
They seem quite contrasty did you PP them to look that way?

Yeah, I regret not taking it in a better area. It was a really quickie, but I'll try to do it again somewhere else. And no these are unedited. I didn't touch them.

Thanks guys for the comments! :wink:

IMO for all of your macros, there's not enough DOF, only a tiny fraction of the frame is in focus.

Alright, thanks. But remember I'm only 16 years old. I just started. Its my first month with this camera. I'm still a baby at this. I'm learning though.

Congrats on the camera. Where did you find the elmo doll..haha...i know its off subject but my new born loves elmo and we watch it everymorning...red is the first real color they see which is why he smiles when he sees him on the tv, i cant find any small elmo dolls like that...haha

again congrats on the camera. and my favorite one is the one with the bug in the road...haha...

Thanks, well the mother of the babys father is in jail. And her sister is my brothers wife. My brother loves that girl. He got her the elmo at walmart. :) She wouldn't let go of it.

...well the mother of the babys father is in jail. And her sister is my brothers wife....
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw the father pass out at 31 Flavors last night. So, I don't think he is in jail....

Most reactions

Back