Anatomy of Fear, please comment, I would like as much critique as possible.

tibrunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.masoner.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am posting this in hopes of receiving feedback, either positive or negative, I want to know your opinions of these images.

This is the basis of my final project for my photography class from last week.
Also, keep in mind these are significantly smaller file sizes and quality than the originals.
the upload total was about 400kb total for all pictures, the actual file size for all of these is 3.17gb.

"Fear
The subject of my final project is the study and reincarnation of fear. I will create a focused investigation of nine very real and widely recognized phobias. I chose fear as my topic because it is one emotional response that everyone and everything on the planet experiences at some point in their existence. I want to produce a series of images that will take the viewer to a time and place of the specific phobia and give them the familiarity of being there. I want to make the viewer’s hair on the back of their necks stand on end; I want to truly make the viewer experience those fears in their blood. Not for any negative reasons, but to inspire a true emotional response.

Fears, or “phobias”, are emotional responses which causes a chemical reaction in the body, generally induced by a perceived threat. Each individual phobia has different emotions attached to them. Phobias are developed from environmental factors, instinctual reactions, and many are because of the unknown possibilities of what could happen. Some fear induced chemical responses are so severe that they can actually cause the individual experiencing them to go into shock, cause panic attacks, and in rare causes even end in the subject’s death."

In order:
Acrophobia - fear of heights.
Mezophobia - fear of being lost/stranded
Aichmophobia - fear of needles
Autophobia - fear of being alone 1 of 3
Autophobia - 2 of 3
Autophobia - 3 of 3
Entomophobia - fear of insects
Hydrophobia - fear of water (in this case specifically drowning)
and finally...
Nyctophobia/Coulrophobia - the fear of the dark/the fear of clowns

$1.jpg$2.jpg$Aichmophobia.jpg$Autophobia-1.jpg$Autophobia-4.jpg$DSC05141.jpg$Entomophobia.jpg$Hydrophobia.jpg$Nyctophobia-Coulrophobia2 with yellow.jpg

Some very creative ideas there... Thinking of it from the point of view of the person marking it, I think it would have been even stronger had you presented each one as a tryptic, but regardless, you do a good job of getting the message across.

Very nice stuff. Creative and you do get the message across well.

The only one I'm not solute about is the first auto-phobia image. It doesn't really look like she's scared as much as it just looks like she's grossed out. There's not enough context in that image to know what's happening.

The others of that phobia do tie it together well though. :)

Thank you both. Rex, I know it is difficult to see in such a low quality image, but the model is crying. So with that in mind I would say it is more of a sad emotion rather than fear or being grossed out....however a couple minutes after this image was taken we did come across a dead animal that was quite putrid. haha

this gives me inspiration for my 7 deadly sins project i want to start soon

i love these! so creative!

Of all the photos I like #2 (girl with ax) the best, but would have liked to have seen just a little more detail. Maybe the use of a reflector to highlight the ax. This is an interesting image in the fact the one must ask the question as to who is lost. The driver of the car or the woman. Some blood on the ax head might answer the question, yet still very creative. Good luck on your project.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back