Ancestral Farm - Fogorig

errant_star

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkanderson.com
My mother's hobby/passion/obsession is family history so I've been trying to photograph the physical locations which have significance to our family. Fogorig is the ancestral home in which my grandfather's cousins were raised. It was built by one Captain Allen circa 1850.

The original home was stone and surrounded by lovely gardens kept up beautifully ... it's falling into disrepair now unfortunately
fogorig_farmhouse.sized.jpg

A very unique barn for the area ...
fogorig_barn.sized.jpg

fogorig_window.sized.jpg

A peek into the past ... an old buggy still tucked away in the barn
buggy_bw.sized.jpg

damn, these are excellent captures! your compositions are dead on! your focus of the vertical element in the first, subject placement in the third and treatment of the last are perfect. :thumbup: cool borders too ;)

Must totally agree, These are beautifully done. These would be great additions to compliment your mother's research.
Give yourself a pat on the back. Great shots!

Could you still get access into the house or was it too dangerous? Would love to see the views from the house as the area surrounding looks awesome.

I like the first one - I like what the light was doing to the house. It looks derelict. Any chance of getting inside?

I've got to come over to visit you at some point. You've got so many good things to photograph and you do them all justice.

Very nice shots, these would be a welcomed addtion to your family history. The story always adds to the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Wow ... thanks everyone ... I myself wasn't terribly happy with the way these turned out so it's nice to hear that they're not so terrible :mrgreen:

As for getting inside it wasn't something I thought about doing ... I suppose there is a chance of working something ... I'll definately approach my mother about it as she knows the current owners.

Thanks again for all your comments :D

edit to add:

oh and Ferny ... any time ... but it's really not all that exciting here :) You get sick of looking at barns after a very short while :mrgreen:

I have looked here a couple times and IMO, the last two are beautys, plus what the others said :thumbup:

I think you have made time stand still in the last, very nice photo.

Those are great shots . I really like the last pic the best.

errant_star said:
oh and Ferny ... any time ... but it's really not all that exciting here :) You get sick of looking at barns after a very short while :mrgreen:
I could always find something else to look at . :oops: :mrgreen:

I keep telling you this and I'm worried it'll lose meaning because of that. But... Every new thread shows and improvement. :thumbsup:

Love the 2nd to last, the beauty and craftsmanship of the home really show through. Excellent composition in all and I'll echo Ferny's statement that each post from you shows great improvement!

Jen,

Excellent work. The stone barn and interior shots are excellent. Where is the location? Keep up the good work and we want to see more.

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back