Ancient Spanish Monastery

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
It's ancient. It's a monastery, but I don't think any monk ever lived here. This building was originally in Spain, was deconstructed and shipped to NY by a rich guy. Plan falls through and it remain stored in boxes for a long time, until another rich dude brought it down to North Miami where they reconstructed it. It's not a big structure, but very ornate. It's one of the few really old relics in south Florida besides the Viscaya.

Update: Turns out that the said "rich guy" was William Randolph Hearst, the same person who commissioned and owned the Hearst Castle in California.

I went HDR crazy and shot a lot of these in brackets (first two photos here are HDRs ). All of which are 5 brackets of 1 stop intervals.

HDR02_1.jpg

HDR13_1.jpg

DSC_2924_1.jpg

DSC_2756_1.jpg

Here's the photo album if you are interested to see the rest.
Spanish Monastery pictures by molested_cow - Photobucket

Last edited:
I think these are awesome! Pic 1, love it but the sunlight coming in and landing on the ground is a little distracting. Maybe use the perspective clone tool to remove? Also I think I would correct the keystoning of the pillars in PS. Pic 2 Love the lines, is it HDR? Pic 3 Love it wouldn't change a thing. Really like how only one cross is fully visible Pic 4 Interesting lines and nice focal point.

Great shots! The third one is really good - love the DOF.

I :heart: number two.

While I lean towards perspective correction, and straight lines being straight, I quite enjoy this on how it is.

Most reactions

Back