Two Panos

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Damn tiles! Took me a while to fix the misalignment.... had to fake some parts.

Ancient Spanish Monastery in North Miami. The building was basically dismantled from its original site in Spain, shipped to the US by some rich guy, sat in the storage for a long time before some other rich guy moved it from NY to Miami and found a spot to put it back together. It's not a big place, but very interesting.

Pano01_1.jpg

Pano02_1.jpg

Awesome shots! I prefer the first because the outside looks so idyllic, but both are cool. I thought about looking for the faked tiles but decided that was a lame move, so suffice to say that no evidence of faking jumped out at me.

Mind giving me name/location details? I am from Miami... not living there now, but would love to check out this place when I next return.

Just search for Ancient Spanish Monastery. It's near Aventura mall.

I basically went back to the original photos and extract the tiles and manipulate them to fit the panoramas. At full res you can see flaws, the ones I am too lazy to fix.

This place is very photographer friendly. Not only you are free to take photos, there is no resistance against tripods and flash. There aren't many visitors so it's easy to take clear shots, and of course, take your sweet time to set up your gear. You will definitely need a tripod since most of the spots are either in the shade or really dark. It's quite hot inside too since there is no A/C. Come prepared. Entrance fee is $8, very reasonable.

I surmise repeating patterns are difficult for any stitching software.

2nd one is nice but the sky is too blown. Need HDR pano stitched together.

I have the RAWs of the original so I can probably go back and paste it in.

How do I do HDR panos? I was recommended Hugin but I have no idea how to use that program.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back