and now for something completely different...

jcolman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jcolmanphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This isn't my usual style of photography but I'm very pleased with the results.

storageunit-40-Edit.jpg

storageunit-246.jpg

right before the rain came

storageunit-15-Edit.jpg

after the rain

storageunit-29-Edit.jpg

storageunit-251.jpg

storageunit-263.jpg

and a little overboard on the PP

storageunit-1.jpg

The guy good, except in the closeups...a little expressionless. The girl is a complete dead fish.

But...great work. Whereabouts in Raleigh did you shoot this?

Shot 3 takes my vote, and I have to disagree with the above comment of the girl being 'dead'. Neither subjects make good close-up models but in the middle ground they're well suited.

The lighting in shot 4 makes the girl look somewhat super-imposed, and at the risk of sounding offensive, shot 6 really shows the hair on her arm. She's attractive though, and that's what she's there for!

As for composition, spot on! An excellent choice of location and some very dramatic skies.

The guy good, except in the closeups...a little expressionless. The girl is a complete dead fish.

But...great work. Whereabouts in Raleigh did you shoot this?
Thanks. I've got a few shots where the two of them were smiling but I didn't feel like it fit the style of the shoot. I'm going to shoot some more with them in a more romantic style tomorrow night. I'll soften the lighting and have them smile a bit.

These were shot in a storage unit in Morrisville. The storm clouds in the sky were the ones that hit North Raleigh pretty hard last night.

Shot 3 takes my vote, and I have to disagree with the above comment of the girl being 'dead'. Neither subjects make good close-up models but in the middle ground they're well suited.

The lighting in shot 4 makes the girl look somewhat super-imposed, and at the risk of sounding offensive, shot 6 really shows the hair on her arm. She's attractive though, and that's what she's there for!

As for composition, spot on! An excellent choice of location and some very dramatic skies.

Yeah, she does have some hairy arms! Thanks for the props. I didn't think the shoot was going to happen because it started raining just as I started shooting. I fired off about 6 shots then started taking my lights down like crazy! Fortunately the rain didn't last very long.

Interested in shooting together or chewing the fat sometime? PM me.

Very nice. This is a marketable level of talent you have here. These shots could be right at home in an ad in Maxim Magazine or something.

Forgive me for being somewhat un-pc, but I just love the way light falls on black skin. You get such great tones and gradations.

#1 is great, but everything except the girl and the man's chest are underexposed by about one stop. It kind of bugs me.

#2 is my favourite though. Neat idea and composition and good lighting.

I can't really comment on these photos cause I don't see anything wrong with them, but I can compliment them!

#6 is my favorite. I love how the girl has her back turned to him like she's ignoring him, but she's smiling and her eyes want to look at him... She's teasing him, at least that's what I get. Its just very well thought out, IMO. The armhair is somewhat distracting, though. If you can fix that, you're set!

#6 wins for me too. Put some product in the bottom corner and it looks like it came straight outta some of my wife's magazines!

Very nice. This is a marketable level of talent you have here. These shots could be right at home in an ad in Maxim Magazine or something.

Forgive me for being somewhat un-pc, but I just love the way light falls on black skin. You get such great tones and gradations.

#1 is great, but everything except the girl and the man's chest are underexposed by about one stop. It kind of bugs me.

#2 is my favourite though. Neat idea and composition and good lighting.
Thanks! I picked a black model because I agree with you. Their skin is so wonderful to light.

Pic #1 was correctly exposed in my original however while I was playing with some adjustments in Lightroom I hit upon this combination and it kind of popped out at me so I left it underexposed. I asked my wife (my best critic) what she thought and all she complained about was that his yellow shirt was too yellow so I brought it down a bit more. It's hard to please everybody!! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back