Hi
Thanks to those of you that helped me decide my choice of camera and beginings of my lens collection.
I eventually went with the Nikon D7000 and have
Nikon AF 50mm f.8D ,
Nikon AF 85mm f1.8D
the kit lens Nikon AF-S 18-105mm f3.5-5.6 G VR ED DX
Tamron SP 70-300mm f4-5.6 Di VC USD
And I am as happy as a 'pig in slop'.
Of course I am very much on "L" plates as far as camera is concerned ( having only used P&S before and the more I use it the more I relish the emensity of the learning curve ahead of me.
I think I took about 1,245 photos in the first week and some of them I was absolutely thriled with. About a 1,000 were no good..(((smie)))) . Most were experimental shots testing settings and effect, but the occassional 'fluke' demonstrated just what the camera could do , especialy with the little 50mm f1.8 and the 85mm f1.8 ...
I was also able to borrow a 85mm f1.4 and the focus on that sucker at f1.4 was like walking a 'tight rope'. ( not that I have ever walked a tight rope)) .
Every time I think "ok got that sorted " D7K throws a few shots back at me that say " ah a ...dont get cocky... you got a long way to go yet before you know me".
(((smile ))) but know it. and turn it inside out I will............ one day (((( smile))))
You can see what I have been mucking around with at Flickr: PeterBrady's Photostream
Thanks again
cheers.
Thanks to those of you that helped me decide my choice of camera and beginings of my lens collection.
I eventually went with the Nikon D7000 and have
Nikon AF 50mm f.8D ,
Nikon AF 85mm f1.8D
the kit lens Nikon AF-S 18-105mm f3.5-5.6 G VR ED DX
Tamron SP 70-300mm f4-5.6 Di VC USD
And I am as happy as a 'pig in slop'.
Of course I am very much on "L" plates as far as camera is concerned ( having only used P&S before and the more I use it the more I relish the emensity of the learning curve ahead of me.
I think I took about 1,245 photos in the first week and some of them I was absolutely thriled with. About a 1,000 were no good..(((smie)))) . Most were experimental shots testing settings and effect, but the occassional 'fluke' demonstrated just what the camera could do , especialy with the little 50mm f1.8 and the 85mm f1.8 ...
I was also able to borrow a 85mm f1.4 and the focus on that sucker at f1.4 was like walking a 'tight rope'. ( not that I have ever walked a tight rope)) .
Every time I think "ok got that sorted " D7K throws a few shots back at me that say " ah a ...dont get cocky... you got a long way to go yet before you know me".
(((smile ))) but know it. and turn it inside out I will............ one day (((( smile))))
You can see what I have been mucking around with at Flickr: PeterBrady's Photostream
Thanks again
cheers.