What's new

And there was light...

Demers18

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 11, 2011
Messages
1,330
Reaction score
265
Location
Sudbury
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this when the sun finally broke through the clouds of a rain storm at sunset.

I know the crop is small but I had to crop out the roofs of the houses below as I couldn't find a way to climb on the roof of the house we were renting lol.

CC Welcomed

7022162825_b15338a7b4_b.jpg
[/URL] And there was light by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]
 
Rotanimod said:
I think the composition could have been much stronger with with the entire silhouette of the tree. I'd crop in a couple inches from the left as well.

I completely agree and was kicking myself for not having the whole tree in there afterwards. I thought I had but obviously I didn't.
I have tried the crop from the left but I still preferred it like this.

Thanks for the CC Rotanimod
 
Nice shot. I agree with Rotanimod about the composition.

Next time rent a house with a ladder!
 
Nice shot. I agree with Rotanimod about the composition.

Next time rent a house with a ladder!

I know!!! I'll make sure they include it in the contract :thumbup:
 
Besides the tree, I would crop the top to right above the ledge on the left. It still gets you the clouds but does not leave it as dead space
 
I can see the advantages of cropping down to the top of the ledge on the left. It does cut down some of the dead zone in the clouds, yet still leaves enough of the clouds for us to see how the light does play within the clouds.
 
Geronimo said:
Besides the tree, I would crop the top to right above the ledge on the left. It still gets you the clouds but does not leave it as dead space

I will have to try the crop again and see how it looks.

Thanks for the CC
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom