And you thought amateur hacks made wedding photographers look bad . . .

I could do better with my Canon PowerShot... That sucks!

It's horrible, there are som many morons out there with cameras pretending to be pros, simply because they can apparently live without money. I saw an ad today for "Very, Very Affordable Portraits!" The persons forgot to mention terrible. So the deal was, for $50 you get a one hour shoot, 200 files on cd with 100 of them edited. So, first thing, who the hell takes 200 pictures on an hour long shoot? That's assuming that the guy is just giving them every picture he took. Or they're taking 400 then editing down. I don't know which one is worse. Portrait sessions aren't weddings, the customer doesn't need tons of photos. They want the few great ones. We need less people giving people a whole bunch of a really crappy product and calling themselves professional photographers. It's cutting the bottom out of the market.

So, first thing, who the hell takes 200 pictures on an hour long shoot?

Action shoot? Perhaps you're just firing off shots while the person is talking, and manage to catch a laugh, a grimace, some kind of GENUINE emotion that can't be planned? Despite your derision, there are any number of reasons.

I think his point is that taking 200 shots (or more) in an hour is not impossible, but taking 200 shots in a single hour that count is much much harder.

well you could do it with a 1D series camera - which ever has the 10fps
At 10fps its only 20seconds to get the needed number and if you pose them right you could make each shot pretty much count. Of course its going to be one boring CD of shots ;)

lol, I saw one this week for 4 hours/2 photogs for $200, another for "air brushed" 4x6's AND an edited video for $500 :shock:

I think they Craigslist poster was just trying to build up their fetish collection-those pictures weren't even close to being anything a spouse would want for Valentines day..

Wait a minute-I think he was on to something..

I wanted to see :(

"This posting has been deleted by its author."

Hahaha... looks like it could be someone here???

I hope so. And, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised. Every once in a while something exceptionally dismal pops up in the "People Photography" section.

For those of you who missed it, I'm sorry. I didn't think it would last long. Perhaps the email I sent inquiring about rates, equipment, and whether the photo shoots could occur at locations other than cheap motel rooms scared the "professional" away.

Most reactions

Back