angelmine

sabenemmons

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
angelmine.jpg

this is my first post so be harsh

this came out a bit darker than the original but still doesnt look to far from the print

alot of people have looked at this print but no comment. any ideas would be appreciated

Is a photo of a painting? If so...there does not seem to be much to comment on.

Big Mike said:
yeah... i agree with this.

the photo of the building is kind of neat. i would definitely crop out the dirt at the bottom. i don't think a centered focal point works in this one, mostly because of the part of the building to the right. because of the relatively wide angle of the shot, the edges of the building appear to be tilting in towards the center, and there's nothing on the left side to balance this out.

i did nto take the second photo i just posted it so you could see what the original image was. The photo i took is at the top.

Big Mike said:

the reason its hard to comment on is that the artist has already done all the work for you, you've just captured the likeness on film- this process is bit more like photocopying. If you purpose was to capture the exact likeness of mural - well you've done a good job! If you purpose was create a unique photograph - well IMHO it needs work.

My suggestion is to take the painting and your own intrepation to it. Stand back and put something odd in the forground. Is there in grafiti, cracks, pidgeonsh*t or other defects on the mural? - Emphasise those bits. There are hundreds of things you do with this - the safe route would be just to take the photo just as this artist has left it. Go beyond his/her vision and add your own twists of creativity, irony and whatnot :)

btw, this was not meant to disparrage you - you asked for commentary :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back