Annoying other photographers

As a Nikon shooter that uses several CLS strobes and PW strobist style, I can chuckle at these stories. I am sure I am now cursed for smiling and the same will happen to me.

But knowing it's comming is where the real lols come in.

Then again I would imagin that these tales would loose some of their thunder

hummmm

I tagged along at a nightclub with a friend who photographs for inthemix.com.au. Now for some reason inthemix photographers gravitate towards Nikons, all cameras, and naturally flashes too. I am peacefully enjoying a beer or two minding my friends equipment when I notice another in the mix photographer down in the crowd on the floor below using his flash wirelessly in one hand... and I guess you can see where this is going.

Out comes the D200, set to commander channel one, nothing. Channel two, nothing again. Channel three, and bang, the photographer below just started rolling on the floor laughing and looking for who popped his flash

Yeah, it just does not have the same ring to it.

What a dick. Grow up. Do your own thing, but there's little reason to f*ck with others.

While definitely fun, you gotta be careful to only do it at non-essential times, else the guy can sue you for making him mess up the shot that would have fetched him X amount of money /voice of reason.

Now... if only we could wirelessly control the lights in a room to mess with everyone's exposures /evil grin XD

I doubt it.

That's a pretty funny story. Nice work.

Funny story! As long as it just stays for some ****s and giggles and the guy was able to get the shots he wanted, its all good.

You should of ordered an anonymous for him, told the bartender to say its from the guy flashing you

Eventually I got bored so I set it to manual 1/1 and waited till he was handling it, and bam!

This really does seem cruel if you mean that it fired in his face. Also seems a bit mean to drain the guy's batteries and mess up recycling times.

Overall somewhat funny story, though.

There seems to be some resentment in interrupting his work. I didn't. He still got his Masif at the Family @ Family. Brisbane - Fri 13th Feb, 2009 | Photos | inthemix.com.au 8 pages of photos up. I didn't cause him to miss any shots, just confused him a bit. Also he had a 20 pack of AAs since he also runs his D90 off them. Oh and I know the guy, I am sure we'll laugh about it if I ever tell him I did it.

What a dick. Grow up. Do your own thing, but there's little reason to f*ck with others.

Have some :hug:: :hugs: because damn man you need them. Or did I bring back nasty memories from one of your shoots :lol:

Life is too damn short to sweat the small stuff. He didn't loose any shots, no harm, no foul. Just smile and move on. If it happens to me, I'll just look around for the guilty looking fool with a strobe hidden under his/her table.

I dont care that is some funny stuff like he said he wasent doing it whan he was lined up for a shot.........

Garbz, keep an eye on this one, becuase "revenge is sweet"... lol

How funny would it be if the guy was a member on this forum....lol :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back