Another beautiful rainbow

mitsugirly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After the storm yesterday the sun kept popping out and then it would rain again. I just KNEW that some time in between all this I was going to catch a rainbow. I went back and forth from the front of the house to the back...just patiently waiting...and finally:

I also learned a FYI about rainbows...some of you may or may not know, but thought I'd share just in case. A rainbow always has the red color on the outside of the rainbow and ending in the blue/purple color. If you have a double rainbow...the rainbow on the outside will be opposite of the regular rainbow with the purple/blue on the outside and the red on the inside. ;o)

Pretty. Nice composition too.

FYI, the darker part in between the two rainbows is called Alexander's dark band (and there are always two rainbows, just hard to tell sometimes).

That's a nice one. It seems like it was worth waiting for it to show!
And thanks for the info on the "Alexander's dark band", Walter, I hadn't heard of that before!

That's a nice one. It seems like it was worth waiting for it to show!
And thanks for the info on the "Alexander's dark band", Walter, I hadn't heard of that before!

More info...

I learned about it a few weeks ago myself along with other little tidbits about light, like the reflection you see in small ripples/waves in a pond are complete, but distorted reflections rather than just part of the landscape (whatever) behind you. Also that the 'green flash' which commonly occurs at sunset over the Pacific Ocean, is a mirage, and can occur at sunrise, and anywhere when conditions are right- I'm not sure if I posted it here, but I think I got the light from a green flash on the sand dunes in Death Valley at sunrise.

But not to drift too far OT, Mitsugirly, I think you did a great job on capturing the light in this shot.

Wonderful shot! Well done!

Most reactions

Back