Another cleaning question - but not the sensor or lens....

GeorgiaOwl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm pretty sure from using the little bulb blower than I have dust or fuzz or whatever on the clear plate with the focus markings on it ( in my D60). when I use the blower bulb, things get moved around and I have less or more fuzz or whatever but I can never seem to get it all at the same time. Can I clean that with lens cleaner and a lens tissue?

If it was on the sensor, I doubt me blowing the mirror and plate opposite the mirror would cause the stuff to blow around, so I haven't even blown off the sensor yet. ( afraid to even go there)

You guys know the "plate" i'm talking about with the focus points "painted" on it? it's even got a little strip of something there to catch dust, but it's like the stuff is stuck to it. The strangest thing is, even in sky shots - most of the dust I can see through the viewfinder doesn't show up in photos! Good news I guess! - but I'm a neat freak and I'd love to get the stuff off that plate!

Thanks in advance,
owl

Owl, The focusing screen on your D60 should be removable, there are different ones available. I am not the one to tell you how to remove it, someone eles can do that. After it is removed you could clean it without fear of damaging the mechinism that holds it in place. Otherwise you can try again with your blower brush to clean it.

Thanks Doug. I suppose I'll just take it in and have someone look at it that knows what they're doing. It's warranted against anything since I got the extra warr. when I bought the thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back